Can You Actually Maxamize Program Screens?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by beau21, Apr 1, 2008.

1. beau21 macrumors member

beau21

hey guys

i'm a recent mac convert and have a question about maximizing windows

i've noticed that when you click the green circle on mac windows that it does not fill the whole screen. i'm used to windows where the square (equivalent of green circle) fills the whole screen except the toolbar with the window.

i did read up on this (or tried to) and saw that the reason is that windows stretches the window to fit the screen but macs keep the same general window size and just stretch it to fill the screen as much as it can while keeping the same dimension ratio or something along those lines

so is there something that can be done to make the green button stretch the window to full screen? or will I have to drag it to full size and back to little size whenever I want to switch between them?

hope this makes sense

thanks!

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi,

I don't know if you can do what you want. Certainly not without a 3rd party tool.
    I had the same question, when I switched from Windows. However, Mac OS X is much better at dragging-and-dropping data between applications, so I really came to love this feature (of a window not blocking the entire screen when expanded).

Now I do a lot of thing at the same time and I love it.

If you want to maximize a window to be able to focus on one thing, check out Think.

/Rupert