Can you cancel pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PDFierro, Oct 6, 2011.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I am currently undecided on the iPhone, just due to seeing if I can really afford it long-term. Anyone who pre-ordered last year know if you cancel it?

I will know for sure on Saturday. I suppose I could always return it if I determine it's not good financial sense for me. I plan on ordering through Apple's website.

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Would make more sense to think this over before you make a purchase, imo.

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Don't order it until you are sure. Seriously.

4. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I've heard of a restocking fee for customers who purchased it and decided to return it later on, but I don't know if this applies to pre-orders also.

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

6. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

that's what credit cards are for

7. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

And that's why credit cards make money off you.

8. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

just wait until the 14th..and wait in line at your local apple store. awesome experience.

9. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

Damn, no need to be so harsh. I have savings, and I wouldn't be buying this with a credit card. It's a matter of the real-world costs that I am going over, and not just the price of the phone.

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

lol. exactly.

----------

I'm not being harsh. You don't want to be in a situation where you purchased something which you can't afford the running cost.

11. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Apple has a 30 day return with no restocking fee. AT&T charges a restocking fee.

12. Millionin20s macrumors regular

Thinking like this is why we're in the economic climate we currently are in. I work for a lending company, and I always stress this to people: Do NOT take on more than you can afford with your paycheck. Running a tab always sounds like a good idea... until you can't continue to do it, and you have to scramble to cover yourself.

Wait til Saturday OP. Hell, make a holiday of it, and drop by your local Apple Store next Thursday. Stick around for the night, kill your cell battery out of boredom, and buy one that morning. But don't put yourself in a situation where you have an iPhone you have to sell immediately or possibly lose money on just to cancel a pre-order because you couldn't wait a day to guarantee finances.