can you live without internet/how long?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ricecook, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ricecook macrumors regular

ricecook

how long can you go without logging on to the web?

can you live without it?

i cant live without it..longest for me that i can stay off is like a week then i crave my:apple:

2. christopher3071 macrumors regular

3. McGiord, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Now with mi iPhone, not more than 8 hours, just when I am sleeping. If only the battery lasted longer...

God Bless the Internet!!!
    ________
    Dodge Venom specifications

4. Steel Wheels macrumors member

Steel Wheels

5. Nightline macrumors regular

Nightline

Wow, thats a hard question. Last week my connection went down for 2 hours, and I was starting to get a little fidgety (sp). But I guess when it really comes down to it, I could make it a week... I would just go bowling.

:apple:

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i went for 3 months. no internet and no tv both. was hard to adjust but once i did it really wasnt that bad at all

7. elva macrumors newbie

not long

i go crazy if my internet goes down. I would rather not have it all then have to deal with not being there one second and back the next.

8. christopher3071 macrumors regular

Why on Earth? Were you abducted by the martians?

9. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Totally addicted to teh internets and computers here.... One time I forgot to pay my electric bill, got shut off, meaning no computer... spent the night at my mom's because she has food and electricity - oh, and the great conversation.

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I honestly believe I could go the rest of my life without internet. It's not really that important to me, it's just entertainment.

11. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I have been on vacation in Europe where I really couldn't log onto the internet for about 2 weeks. It was hard and really weird, but I survived. It would be hard for me to go a week without the intranets.

12. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Even when I was in rural Northeastern Ghana, I gravitated towards the town's one internet café.

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

got an internship in oklahoma working on oil rigs

until you have to

1) pay bills online/ manage bank accounts when there is no branch by you
    2) when you HAVE to use email to communicate with some people

14. shecky Guest

shecky

considering that i interact with clients 80% through email and FTP, i would say about 24 hours max.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

They don't have internet in Oklahoma? I know that area of the country is about 10 years behind everyone else in technology, but damn! No overpriced AOL dial up on Windows 95 available for you? :D

And no, I probably couldn't live without internet. I'm going on a cruise in May and I'll know I'll be finding myself using the overpriced wireless at least once just to check in on things (the laptop's coming along to unload digital camera memory cards each night). Either that, or when we stop in Puerto Rico and the USVI, I'll be tethered with my phone since it's free roaming down there.

I will say in my defense though, that even though I use it all the time and would go nuts without it, I'm not addicted. I'm able to get off the web for awhile to do more important things, I'm not like some people who just can't get away.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha they have it. just that the place they put me in didnt have it without me signing a 10 month or so contract when i was just there for 3 months

plus the fact that id be on jobs for over a week at a time (sleeping in trucks and such on location) and get 1 day off every 14 days meant not so much free time to really miss the good ol' internet.

of course macrumors is an exception!

17. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I could go without internet for the rest of my life, if other people also don't have internet or if i really need to, otherwise, one week without computer, tv is great!! but after that week, i would probably want to go back.. :p

18. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Heh. V similar experience as yours. But I was in Greece for 3 weeks a couple summers ago and internet access just isn't as "big" there as say, London. It was a definite "lifestyle" change going from spending *cough*hoursaday*cough* to barely ten minutes on teh tubez™ two times in three weeks. :D But given the chance, I'd do it all over again.

Who'd wanna be cooped up on a 'puter when it's so damned gorgeous?! *swoon*

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

For around 14 hours and 27 minutes. That's when I start to break out in hives and hyperventilate.

20. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Depends what else is going on.

If I'm on holiday somewhere so have things to do with my days/evenings, then a lack of internet isn't particularly important. Yes, I like to have it to mail photos to people back home etc but a few weeks without it doesn't hurt.

But at home where it's a part of my usual life - bill paying, news-reading, shopping - then it's a lot harder. I was recently reduced to having my sole home access as being my iPod Touch - now that was tough but better than having nothing at all! :p

21. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

By nature of working with computers, the internet is constantly at my fingertips. However, I've gone weeks without access to it (or a computer), and am quite capable of going without. In a perfect world, I'd probably spend every day on a rock face and not bother with it at all.

22. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Over the past few years, i have learnt to never go without a web connection, ANYWHERE...

i simply must be connected otherwise i will not function correctly.. :eek:

23. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

2 seconds and once when I went to LA for the summer I had to suffer 7 days with out an internet connection

24. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I could stop right now! I don't need any help, it doesn't control me! If just the internet i could stop completely but if computer too, 2 weeks before i'd go crazy

25. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Same here!

My mom cancelled the internet so now I am forced to "borrow" my neighbors.:(

I went thru a massive withdrawl for about 3 days. That is before I found my neighbors unlocked Wi-Fi:p