Can you no longer forward multiple messages in iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TH55, Jan 29, 2014.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I was playing with a 5S at AT&T yesterday and noticed it no longer has the "Edit" button in the top right that gives you the ability to check multiple messages and then firearms them. Is there any way to do this in iOS 7 or do you literally have to go back and forth copying each individual message? If so why in the world would they do this?? That's ridiculous, I use that feature every day.

2. Stu2510 macrumors newbie

Yeah you can. Hold your finger down on one message and select 'more' this then gives you the same options as before

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Long press a message. You get a "more" option that let's you edit. It's a much cleaner interface this way.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Can you no longer forward multiple messages in iOS 7?

Long press on a message and choose more. It will give you the option to select multiple messages.

Edit: others beat me to it

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks everyone! Does anyone find this slightly more difficult or cumbersome than the prior method?

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I don't find the practicality of it too cumbersome, but I have a conceptual problem with it that unsettles my inner perfectionist :p

I don't think an option on an individual message should open up conversation-wide options.

7. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

May be "cleaner" but not very intuitive. One would have to just stumble across this by mistake to know. Good example of how iOS 7 has missed the mark in some areas of usability.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Is it harder to perform the task?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just slightly.

10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

That's really annoying. Why did they have to change the functionality? They could have updated the look without changing the way it works.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's a question that applies to at least a few if not quite a few things in iOS 7...and one that only someone at Apple could potentially answer (assuming they even really have even a half-meaningful answer for that to begin with).

12. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

So I shouldn't upgrade to iOS 7? I'm pretty happy w/ my 4S and used to the way everything works.

I just really want to get a replacement 4S from Apple Store.

Also I plan on getting the 6 when it comes out.

13. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Well maybe not necessarily "harder" if you only know you CAN do it that way. It is harder to figure out hidden features though rather than a clear option as it always has been in the past.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, you probably have a fairly good idea of what iOS 7 is like at this point based on many threads, articles, and trials at the Apple store and the like (based on your posts), so you can see if its worth it for you or not. Something like this is rather small to cause someone not to update just on its own, but it all depends on you in the end.

15. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Are most iPhone users/Apple enthusiasts on here and elsewhere unhappy with a lot of things in iOS 7 and liked iOS 5/6 better?

16. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes. Very much so if the message contains an HTTP link or address. A long thread here.

iOS 7: 1
    Usability: 0

17. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

What does this mean

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

I don't know if I would say most or even a majority necessarily, but there is definitely more than just a small group it would seem.

19. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sorry, a poor attempt at humor. This is another example of the usability that's missing from iOS 7 that existed before. Score 1 for iOS 7 and zero for usability.

20. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Anyone think some people will spend more time complaining about it being slightly more difficult to forward on multiple messages than they will actually ever spend forwarding on multiple messages? lol

21. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Lol I'd say that's irrelevant. An emotional response to a frustrating inferior adjustment to something that worked perfectly fine is normal and expected.

22. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

:)

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

In specific cases like this one, yes. In general, not really, because really the bigger issue is that people simply wouldn't even realize the option exists (sometimes when even looking for it), which is certainly far from a good thing.

24. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Can you really not forward messages to people who you have a conversation going with?

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

What do you mean exactly?