Can you say intrusive advertising?

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 11, 2003
What is up with this HUGE ad i just got today that 'grows' over the top half of the site content. (I am using Explorer because of other Macrumors ad problems that won't allow it to load in Safari.)

Attachments

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 11, 2003
Im sure you don't - apparently it's just me, but it's not just Safari, it's Firefox also. Either way- this post is not about that- it's about that HUGE ad that just grew across my screen.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I'm using safari (and sometimes firefox) but I'v never seen those type of ads on macrumors. I just see the goooooooogle text ads and the occaisonal gif selling alien videos.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I think this is another good time for me to tell Arn that I'd happily give the site $50 if there was a way. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'm not alone.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Ok... I think I've blocked the ad you saw.

As for contributions. ok, let me look into reimplementing that.

arn

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
arn said:
Ok... I think I've blocked the ad you saw.

As for contributions. ok, let me look into reimplementing that.

arn
Great! Can't wait to contribute. This is a great community to be a part of.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Ditto on the contributions....there are few other places (ie none) that I would even considered giving my money to, save for MacRumors.

My favorite community, without a doubt.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
just out of curiosity, anything like a MR mug or sticker or tshirt kind of thing in the works? a mug would be cool, but not neccissary, i just want to help this site out especially since i have been here for over a year now and i cant imagine leaving this family....erm community

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
decksnap said:
What is up with this HUGE ad i just got today that 'grows' over the top half of the site content. (I am using Explorer because of other Macrumors ad problems that won't allow it to load in Safari.)
I've never experienced anything like that at MR with either Safari or Firefox. That's just plain f'ed up.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Add me to the contributors who will contribute when it goes back up. I actually wanted to contribute a few months ago, but that was just when the contribution thing went down. Just my luck I guess.