Can you tick all the boxes?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rneglia, Nov 16, 2015.

1. rneglia macrumors 6502

rneglia

Do you have ALL of the below?

1) Apple Watch
    2) iPhone (or iPod touch)
    3) iPad
    4) MacBook or desktop Mac
    and
    5) Apple TV?

If so, how has this affected your life?

2. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

I can tick all the boxes. It's affected my life by making all my gadgets match, having better integration between all of them, and being much poorer.

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Yes, every one. Same with my wife, including the Apple TV for herself as well. To me it's just keeping up with the digital age with my preferred ecosystem.

Fun fact for me though, sometimes I'll take off the watch and leave it in the room with my phone on mute for the evening and just tune out in front of the TV. It can be liberating.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

1. No. Don't like/don't care. I have a watch, a Seiko Kinetic Sport 150 that I really like. I use that.
    2. Yes. iPod Nano 8GB - 5th Gen, iPhone 5 64GB and iPhone 6s+ 128GB (my primary phone)
    3. Yes. iPad Air 2 16GB
    4. Mixed. 17" 1.0 Ghz PowerBook G4 (2003 vintage), 17" 2.16Ghz MacBook Pro (2006 vintage), 1.8Ghz Dual PowerMac G4 Quicksilver (2001 vintage with Sonnet Duet upgrade).
    5. No. We have cable and Cox Contour.

I like Apple, particularly PowerPC. But not everything they put out I care for.

5. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

6. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

Yes to all except for the watch. I can honestly say there has never been one ounce of me interested in that particular product.

7. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Huh. I just realized I DO have something from each of Apple's product lines. The one that has affected me the least as been the ATV (3rd gen). There just wasn't anything it could do that my Xbox/Playstation/BluRay player couldn't do, at least not anything I was interested in. 4th Gen does look tempting though.

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Seems like you're not alone, it's pretty clear that sales fell far below what they expected. For me, notifications are the main functionality and make things pretty convenient, without that I doubt I would continue to use it.

9. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Would love to see how it's "clear that sales fell far below"? Not antagonizing, honestly asking if there is any evidence, besides analyst tarot card reading.

10. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

11. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Um, nope. But if I did I could tell you I'd have a lot less money in my life. ;)

12. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

All except the watch. I know I spend a lot less time messing around with my computers and the wife hardly uses her computer anymore now that she has an iPad.

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Yep, I can tick all those boxes:

Watch Sport 42mm,
    iPhone 6S Plus,
    iPad Air 2,
    MacBook Pro 13" (currently being used as a server)
    MacBook Pro 15",
    rMB
    Apple TV 3 (plus 2 Apple TV 2 and 2 Apple TV 1)

My wife has Watch Sport 38mm, iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2
    My daughter has Watch Sport 38mm, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini, iPod touch (3rd gen) and Macbook Air 11"

14. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

1) Apple Watch Stainless 42mm
    2) iPhone 6s Plus
    3) iPad Air 2
    4) 2011 MacBook Pro 13", 2009 Mac Pro, 2013 Mac Pro
    5) Apple TV 4th Gen

The continuity between all the systems is amazing. I can mirror my iPhone to the Apple TV to show my family something I am looking at, I can start a document on my Mac and pick up where I left off without skipping a beat on my iPad. I can purchase a song on my iPhone and play it immediately on my iPad as well. It's seamless, it (usually) just works no matter where I am. I don't think any other system can provide that.

15. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I can see the notifications being valuable. I think the fact that I have never worn a watch prior to smart watches factors in. That, and I'm that guy who always has his phone within arm's length. If they ever make it where the watch can truly act on its own, without needing the phone or shared wifi, my interest might peek a bit then.

16. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

All except the :apple: watch as I couldn't see how it would benefit me. Still don't really. I work with a guy who has one, and he can't tell me what it does for him.

17. APlotdevice, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Nope. I don't have an Apple Watch or iPad. I used to have an iPad (first gen), but it was getting old and Target gave me a special trade in that was more than it was really worth at that point. And thanks to my 6+ I'm less inclined to get a new tablet. And as for watches, I still much prefer my Pebble. It my not have all the bells and whistles, but the screen is readable in all conditions, the buttons let me perform operations without even looking, and its one less thing I need to worry about charging every night.

18. Scepticalscribe, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

No, I cannot.

Indeed, apart from an Apple computer (does a MBA count - as it is not mentioned in the five questions - you refer merely to a MacBook or a desktop Mac?) I have none. The iPad I gave away (to my brother); the rest I don't have, and have never owned.

Now, I do have a few iPods……..and have had a MBA of one sort of another since 2010. Before that, I had a MBP.

Agreed. But not everything that Apple produces needs to be bought, or snapped up.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nope, I can only check 2 of the boxes. My family owns 4 iPhones, 2 MacBook Pros, and 2 iMacs.

No watches, tvs, or iPads.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Blasphemer! Kill the heretic!

21. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I have an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad Mini, and MacBook Pro.

There is nothing wrong with the Apple Watch, but there is probably one app I use that doesn't have the ability to change the notification sound/doesn't have one. And unless it's a text message/phone call, I really don't care, I can wait ten minutes to check my mail/Tapatalk/etc, and because they have their different sounds, I know what is what.

And I honestly don't care what people think about me using my phone. If you're going to assume that I waste my life away on this device just because I'm sitting on a bench writing a note or whatever, then that says more about you as a person. Some of us actually put our phone away during lunch/dinner, classes, etc. I don't need a smartwatch just to please those people and make my workflow more difficult.

And I don't watch TV.

22. Scepticalscribe, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Heretic, and proud of it.

And not only here……..but also in a number of my parallel existences and lives and universes……..

23. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I can tick off the first four boxes......but not the one for the Apple TV. However, in the past I DID have an Apple TV (I think it was v.2). I hardly ever used it and never remembered to update the thing so eventually just gave it to a friend.

24. chown33 macrumors 604

I was undecided between reporting this post for inflammatory argumentative trolling, and upvoting it for l'audace, l'audace, toujour l'audace.

The latter was more convincing.

25. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

Sigh, I guess I am a bigger Apple fan than I realized. I have a 38mm sport watch, which I love, several iPads in various form factors (except pro), 1 2011 MacBook Air, my only foray into OsX (which was short lived, I just upgraded it to a Windows machine), and multiple copies of every Apple TV including the less than stellar ATV 4 (why you remove features, Apple?)

I guess I never considered myself an Apple person because I had never owned an OSX machine until the MBA purchase. I am mostly a "cool tech" person since I have have also owned every gen Kindle e-reader (and will faithfully buy any new ones Amazon releases; HuGE fangurl here!), several Rokus, both gen Fire TVs, a Samsung Note tablet with S-pen, a steam link, etc, etc.