Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
View attachment 2260131

Looks like Apple.ca is now updated showing: "Choose your new iPhone today, then speed through checkout on 9.15. Pre‑order starting at 5:00 a.m. PT on 9.15."

In the Apple Store app, at the bottom is an option to "Save for later". To me, it seems like all this does is allow you to pre-order quicker on 9.15 without having to go through all the selections. Just immediately check out.
I think that option is mainly for financing. If you click the financing option it lets you go to the next page to get ready for preporder.

But if you click Buy outright it just lets you save.

So thats the best we can do, which is essentially like every other year it seems.

Reactions: r.d

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
I think that option is mainly for financing. If you click the financing option it lets you go to the next page to get ready for preporder.

But if you click Buy outright it just lets you save.

So thats the best we can do, which is essentially like every other year it seems.
Yes, you're right! The "Get Ready for Pre-order" button appears when you select Financing.

They really want to profit off their 7.99% this year LoL...

• Haha
Reactions: gagee and MG999

xtremeplayhd

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
When you do this "pre pre order", does it appear somewhere else on your account to ensure it's properly setup?

Canucks54321

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
Does this mean if I place an order at 5am (BC time) on Sep 15th the phone will be delivered to my home on Sep 22nd?

thatbahamianboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2023
No.

You can usually select a date and time slot for in-store pick-up.
Hey, this is my first time preordering. Can you choose the pick up / reserve in store on the Apple Store App? Or does it have to be threw that link you will update?

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Hey, this is my first time preordering. Can you choose the pick up / reserve in store on the Apple Store App? Or does it have to be threw that link you will update?
You can select the store on the Apple Store app if you are paying up front for delivery or in-store pickup.

The link to be provided is only to reserve a phone, in case you want to pay cash or do a carrier upgrade in-store.

thatbahamianboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2023
You can select the store on the Apple Store app if you are paying up front for delivery or in-store pickup.

The link to be provided is only to reserve a phone, in case you want to pay cash or do a carrier upgrade in-store.
Okay that clarifies it more. Thank you for that.

MK2023

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
I’m new comer and I didn’t buy iPhone directly from Apple store yet. I want to preorder iPhone 15 Pro max but I don’t know which shipping method is better in Canada. Delivery or Apple store pick up? Which one is faster?

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
I’m new comer and I didn’t buy iPhone directly from Apple store yet. I want to preorder iPhone 15 Pro max but I don’t know which shipping method is better in Canada. Delivery or Apple store pick up? Which one is faster?

If you preorder quickly with a "Delivers Sep 22" date, then UPS will deliver on September 22 to your home. Or, you can choose in-store pickup at your local Apple Store.

Reactions: MK2023

priultimus

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
Curious, do we know if Trade-in is applied before or after tax? Like, say if I trade in a device worth at 955$ (I'm definitely not, just picked the number off the site) would they calculate it like:

cost: 1749.00
- trade in: 955.00
--------
subtotal: 794.00
+ tax (13%): 103.22
total: $897.22

OR

---------
subtotal: 1749
+ tax (13%): 227.37
total: 1,976.37
- trade in: 955
total: $1,021.37

I know it's a difference of like, 100$ or whatever, but I am curious as it does make it more expensive.

snyp1193

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Canada
The pricing for 15 pro max is a total scam. $1199 USD is supposed to be around $1630 CAD but they’re hosing us for another $120.

Will wait till next year when I’ll get more for my money upgrading from a 13 Pro Max.

trekkie604

macrumors 68000
Feb 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Curious, do we know if Trade-in is applied before or after tax? Like, say if I trade in a device worth at 955$ (I'm definitely not, just picked the number off the site) would they calculate it like:

--------

OR

---------

I know it's a difference of like, 100$ or whatever, but I am curious as it does make it more expensive.
after tax.

1. Trade-in values will vary based on the condition, year, and configuration of your eligible trade-in device. Not all devices are eligible for credit. You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to trade in for credit or for an Apple Gift Card. Trade-in value may be applied toward qualifying new device purchase, or added to an Apple Gift Card. Actual value awarded is based on receipt of a qualifying device matching the description provided when estimate was made. Sales tax will be assessed on full value of a new device purchase. In-store trade-in requires presentation of a valid photo ID (local law may require saving this information). Offer may not be available in all stores, and may vary between in-store and online trade-in. Some stores may have additional requirements. Apple or its trade-in partners reserve the right to refuse or limit quantity of any trade-in transaction for any reason. More details are available from Apple’s trade-in partner for trade-in and recycling of eligible devices. Restrictions and limitations may apply.

xtremeplayhd

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
When you do this "pre pre order", does it appear somewhere else on your account to ensure it's properly setup?
It appears now when you click on your shopping bag (it wasn't yesterday). All set then :)

1694607097409.png

danny_phantom

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2023
I'm actually contemplating driving across the border to pick up one. The exchange rate on this is too high imo.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON

--------

OR

---------

after tax.

1. Trade-in values will vary based on the condition, year, and configuration of your eligible trade-in device. Not all devices are eligible for credit. You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to trade in for credit or for an Apple Gift Card. Trade-in value may be applied toward qualifying new device purchase, or added to an Apple Gift Card. Actual value awarded is based on receipt of a qualifying device matching the description provided when estimate was made. Sales tax will be assessed on full value of a new device purchase. In-store trade-in requires presentation of a valid photo ID (local law may require saving this information). Offer may not be available in all stores, and may vary between in-store and online trade-in. Some stores may have additional requirements. Apple or its trade-in partners reserve the right to refuse or limit quantity of any trade-in transaction for any reason. More details are available from Apple’s trade-in partner for trade-in and recycling of eligible devices. Restrictions and limitations may apply.

The same question came up last year. In 2021 and prior years, Apple applied Tax after trade-in on the net amount. For some reason, starting last year in 2022, Apple began applying Tax before trade-in. I have not been able to get an explanation out of Apple on this. Tax laws on trade-ins vary by region, but all of Canada should be the same. Not sure what will happen this year...

According to CRA Trade-In laws, Tax should be charged based on the net amount. Doesn't matter whether it's a car or a phone, both are considered used goods.
TIB B-084 - Treatment of Used Goods

Reactions: curdy

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Yes, you're right! The "Get Ready for Pre-order" button appears when you select Financing.

They really want to profit off their 7.99% this year LoL...
It is really bad that we cant set up the pre order if you are buying outright compared to financing. I guess they dont want any issues with the financing like previous years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.