Canadian Apple Site Down??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by canadax14, Jun 30, 2012.

1. canadax14 macrumors newbie

canadax14

Anyone else having trouble getting on the Canadian apple website??

2. Mr-Stabby macrumors 6502

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. canadax14 thread starter macrumors newbie

canadax14

I can access it by typing, www.apple.com/ca, but even then the site is really messed, when I click on the store...pictures not loading.

If I type www.apple.ca, I get nothing.

5. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Sounds to me like a power / server problem at the site where the Canadian Apple store sites are hosted or heck if could even be a problem with your internet service provider now that I think on it.

EDIT: I just typed in www.apple.ca and was IMMEDIATELY redirected to http://www.apple.com/ca/

Sooooooooo that leads me to think the problem is with your Internet Service Provider in some way.

6. MR.BUTTON macrumors member

It's slow, I admit. But I can still get online

7. RebornTheGame macrumors member

RebornTheGame

I am also having a problem with the Australian store. I doubt it's anything significant.

I am doing my best to be patient, avoid getting over excited by each of our latest theories, and resist the temptation to read tealeaves or chicken entrails <lol>.

I am shifting my family over to OS from Windows.

I'd so like to have my new iMac now, but thanks to the experience with iphones and ipads, I've learned to accept that the new stuff I want, Apple will deliver in its own time.

I'm hoping for release around ML time, but I'm happy to wait.

8. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Look to the heavens .... the answers are in the stars! :D

Don't know your family demographics or their usage but I can tell you from my personal experience that moving the family to OSX was the best darn thing I ever did.

I had a 6 user Windows network for the family, wife and children. I got tired of working on those systems. It got so bad I did a fresh windows install on the machines and created a RESTORE POINT. When I had software related issues I just did a System Restore.

Switched over to OSX and all the problems just vanished !!!!!!

9. canadax14 thread starter macrumors newbie

canadax14

It's not my ISP...every other website works.

Now I can get on the site, but the store 99% of the time won't load. Probably nothing, but still weird.

10. applefiend95 macrumors regular

nothing for me. overall website is fine except the store

11. ricperry1 macrumors newbie

ricperry1

forum site is down too

I'm in Japan, trying to access the US site. https://discussions.apple.com is not working. I also can't access any content on my AppleTV 2.

12. druid153 macrumors newbie

in canada and no access to ca or us store either.....

13. amflemi macrumors newbie

In the UK and the same is happening here. Can't access the UK site or when I can it is messed up. iCloud.com seems to be down as well.

14. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

15. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

I can access the Apple store this fine, the U.S.

16. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not down:
    ScreenCap 2012-07-01 at Sun, Jul 1,1.03.02 AM .PNG

17. Bosko73 macrumors newbie

The store is up, it's just slow

The Apple Store is up... it's just really slow (at times). They could be experiencing some issues - isn't today the day they shut off Mobile Me? It could be related.

I know there's a lot of people (like me) who are hoping for an iMac refresh, but in the past, when the Apple Store goes down for a proper update, they post a "We'll be back soon" graphic....

I haven't seen that today - just some speed issues when I've hit the Apple site.

On a side note, there have also been "some" issues for some people connecting to the Mac App Store... at least here in Australia.

Again, my guess is this is just a technical issue and not the long-awaited update/refresh some of us have been hoping for....

18. ricperry1 macrumors newbie

ricperry1

Maybe it was the leap-second

Maybe the network wasn't synchronized with the leap second. And it may have been network switches in various places throughout the world. Apple's site wasn't the only site I experienced issues with yesterday.

19. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Extreme Heat .... Heavy storms ....

Will cause different problems for different people in different areas.

Server farms in the USA are taking serious hits ... one such farm in the state of Virginia was down for over half of a day.

The effected Server Farm in Virginia is owned by EQUINIX so any company hosting sites on their servers were probably affected.