Canadian iPad 3 owners: LTE Question

zero hectic

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2008
Thanks for the update. What a shame. Signing up for service seems like more trouble than it's worth for only a couple of weeks in Canada. Might look into just picking up a MiFI.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
p.s. someone was asking about data rates on LTE
here in Vancouver the max I've seen is around 27Mbps. more typically probably in the 15-20Mbps range.
Was close to downtown Vancouver the other day and was finally able to test out Telus' LTE. Was quite impressed. Got 51mbps down and 25mbps up. Can't wait til they roll out more areas.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
Was close to downtown Vancouver the other day and was finally able to test out Telus' LTE. Was quite impressed. Got 51mbps down and 25mbps up. Can't wait til they roll out more areas.
those speeds on Telus look pretty good. I should add the Rogers speeds I mentioned were not downtown, they were in south Vancouver and Richmond. not sure if that would have a difference, I haven't had a chance to try it out downtown yet.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
Update for anyone looking for Rogers LTE speeds - I tried in downtown Vancouver (Georgia St at Hamilton) : 46Mbps down, 25mbps up.