Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henri Gaudier

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2005
France
Great .. another breeder with a back story .. call Simon Cowell. Wonder if she can fanny fart (Don't know what you Yanks call it) some easy listening classics to entertain the viewers when little is happening?;)

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
I think we have removed ourselves from what is something every one of us went through. Blood and goo aren't for everyone, but it is more real than most of the c**p on T.V./online.

And as for "natural", one doesn't get extra credit for foregoing analgesia.

Antares

macrumors 68000
In all honesty, I would rather watch the conception. :D

I have little stomach for medical procedures. I can't watch any type of surgery. So, this is pretty much out. Its good, though, for those who have the stomach for it and an interest in the medical aspects. All science and knowledge, in general, should be free for anyone to explore and learn about. I can't knock this.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Damnit, what's wrong with people? Does she really need that much attention? Love your children and spend time with them people or they might grow up into adults that resort to stunts like these in order to get the attention they clearly lacked when they were young. In other words, she is a fame whore.

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
I was born at home and nearly died because of it. I think home delivery is incredibly selfish and dangerous. There is nothing empowering about it. Your risking your life and the kid's life.

Giving birth in a hospital is not what it once was. You set the tone, you make the rules. It all starts with finding a OB that you like and trust. The nurses on the floor where my daughter was born were awesome and the doctor who did the C-section was good as well. They helped us more than I could have ever hoped for.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I was born at home and nearly died because of it. I think home delivery is incredibly selfish and dangerous. There is nothing empowering about it. Your risking your life and the kid's life.

There was a local story about a couple who were trying to promote that. All eyes were on them, and sadly the baby died. The mother was in a lot of trouble too but an ambulance turned up and she recovered.

There are too many potential complications when giving birth to completely avoid doctors and/or hospitals. I would never put any child or partner in avoidable danger like that.
What is so bad about hospitals? :confused:

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea

There are too many potential complications when giving birth to completely avoid doctors and/or hospitals. I would never put any child or partner in avoidable danger like that.
What is so bad about hospitals? :confused:

The vast majority of home births end just fine, if the mother has taken reasonable scans to ensure the pregnancy is normal. Most complications can be detected way before labour begins.

The problem with hospitals is that they harbour several different kinds of "superbugs". So, while it may be slightly safer for the baby - the chances of the mother coming home sick with one of the antibiotic resistant bugs is increased. It's a balancing act.....

My cousin's kid was born in the driveway as they were heading for the hospital. They went anyway, just to get the cord snipped. And another distant relative had her 1st baby in bed while dad was off opening the gate for the ambulance. In both cases, everyone is fine. In the 2nd case the pregnancy was obviously a complicated one due to several health issues, and they had called an ambulance as soon as her water broke. Someone forgot to the tell the baby to wait.

These are anecdotes - but then so are several stories above. They don't prove anything... but the stats show that it's not as clear that having all births in a hospital improves outcomes. Sometimes it is safer to stay at home.

anotonin

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Education

Our health class showed a video once of a childbirth done in a big tub. It was to show us the different ways to give birth. The 'water' method was essentially helping the mother overcome the pain of childbirth. It wasn't so painful when its underwater or something.

Apocalypto movie comes to mine.

This live childbirth will also be educational for mothers, fathers and mothers-to-be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.