Canadian Shipping of SL

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mcmanus7, Aug 31, 2009.

1. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I ordered 2 SL's last wednesday when they became available through apple.ca I received shipping confirmation on Thursday that they were shipped through Purolator however the tracking number they are referencing for me to "track my shipment" does not work...

has anyone else had this issue? or any issues with the Canadian shipping?

2. hitek0007 macrumors newbie

At least you have a tracking number! I believe mine was sent via Canada Post Standard Mail... :S NO TRACKING NUMBER!!!

3. mcmanus7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I selected standard shipping but it shipped via Purolator :confused:

everything I've ever purchased from Apple has shipped via Purolator no matter what type of shipping I select haha... but Purolator has no record of the shipment being made... I guess its time to contact Apple haha

4. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

Well yeah i don't know i've heard of people ordering snow leopard where i'm at, and they still haven't gotten there's as well Did they just forget about Canada ?!? :eek:

5. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Yep. Mine too. With Canada Post I can expect it in September - Just!!!!!

6. mcmanus7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Weird... where are you guys located?? I find it odd that they would use a different shipper considering we all used standard shipping....

I'm in Edmonton... :confused:

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

I didnt buy it but on a local forum people have claimed they havent gotten theres yet (winnipeg)

8. kris2999 macrumors newbie

I had the same issue with apple.ca...however today it started to work. I had to put the tracking number in as a "pin" instead of a tracking number though.

9. jlocalled macrumors member

jlocalled

I ordered SL on August 24, and it shipped on the 27th. Weirdly, I only selected Standard Shipping and it went by FedEx. :confused: Anyways, It just arrived. :) So, no issues for me. :p

Oh and I'm in Vancouver. :)

10. mcmanus7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

weird I don't know how many times i've tried this exactly over the past few days.. and no dice... I called apple at noon and they had no luck either...

then I go and put it in right now and it magically works... :D

11. msalman macrumors member

I posted my order through up-to-date program back in July and still haven't got it yet. Mine was shipped on Friday via Purolator and it is standard shipping. I do not know why they took it so long. How come you guys received tracking numbers? :confused:

PS: I am in Toronto.

12. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

I'm in the same boat as you (UTD and in Toronto) but are you sure it's Purolater? No tracking number on my order so I assumed it was Canada Post....

13. porthosmac macrumors newbie

Ordered SL multi on aug 27th, received today By Purolator. Tracking number was ok (jetxxxxxxx) but the link from apple was not working...
    BTW just received also my new octo pro...
    long night ahead...

14. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Congrats and pardon the green glow on the boards (envy permeates everywhere....)

15. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

I still havent got mine. Apple said it would deliver today... Its 5 here, does anyone know when Purolator stops delivering?

16. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

17. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I'm in Calgary and I ordered mine the day they became available as well. Email notification told me it shipped on Thursday, but the purolator website was crap and kept giving me errors. Now it's working and it says that it's still in Toronto. This is becoming annoying. Why is it that I, who pre-ordered, have to wait until September for something that others who didn't pre-order are able to walk into an Apple store and pick up, problem free? It's like we're being punished for wanting to tell Apple "Oh hai, can we haz Snow Leopard?"

18. hitek0007 macrumors newbie

Ok. So my UTD order says shipped by "CANADIAN POST/PUROLATOR" with NO tracking number. Has anyone else's order (that has no tracking number) arrived yet? I am very mad. :O

19. mcmanus7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

couldn't agree more...

this is the last report of my SL

2009/08/28 04:43 Left via TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON depot

I know that purolator usually delivers to my place around 4:00-5:00... but what's the point of having a tracking number if the up-to-date information is never updated...

When I talked to apple they said it should deliver by September 3rd...

really??? A week to deliver by purolator?

20. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Mine is Moncton right now (thanks for enter the tracking number in link as pin tip kris2999) so should have it tomorrow.

Well they are owned by Canada Post now...

21. glavoie84 macrumors regular

Apple Store website told me that my UTD disk shipped last friday through USPS with no tracking number. It came today from FedEx Express! ;)

22. RGSMDNR macrumors member

Im in the same boat. The purolator website says its still in Toronto as of the 28th. I would only expect to receive it tomorrow. Guess we will see..

23. xoph3 macrumors newbie

Ordered mine with the expedited shipping option on the 24th, and it arrived (via Purolator) on launch day. I'm in downtown T.O. if that is of any relevance?

24. msalman macrumors member

:(...I do not know why they are so slow about us. It makes no sense that people, who ordered it via UDT, are receiving it late!

yeh, mine also seems to be shipped via Canada Post. It said on the order Canda Post/Purolator so I thought maybe it was Purolator but no tracking number means Canada Post. And Canada Post takes its time; grrr :mad:

25. markojug macrumors regular

Well, you guys are lucky, mine still says "NOT YET SHIPPED". I selected standard shipping too:confused: