Cancel order and GO TO THE STORE !!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shikhaiphone, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Shikhaiphone macrumors newbie

All those still waiting for ATT to ship...

I was in line for iphone 6plus shipping first week on Nov. Waited with no updates.. so cancelled the order by phone.. and upgrade status was reinstated instantly.

Used istocknow.com to track APPLE store availability and had my phone in hand within hours. If you are upgrading on a 2 yr contract... you can call the store and pay/block the phone for pick up.

Hope this helps..

2. macblitz macrumors member

macblitz

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

4. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Count me in on that group.:D

Got my 128 Silver plus yesterday.

In-store stock seems to be improving daily.

5. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

But, don't cancel if you are using the Next program because they won't allow you to pick up in store. Don't rely on the thought that it might be there to go in and try to pick up as a walk in. IStock shows updates from Apple stores at 12:00am, but by the time you get to the store when it opens, they are either gone to reserves or to the scalpers in line ahead of you.

6. Ghostbuster386 macrumors regular

Ghostbuster386

I just did that today. Was able to find a 64gb 6 Plus in Best Buy Mobile and cancelled right there to grab it.

7. kovey macrumors 6502a

Wow. I got my 6+/128GB delivered 9:30am on 9/19 so I have no use for it, but this site is really impressive. I can't see anybody sitting in line when you could just use this site to find a store for pickup.

8. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

That depends a lot on your local market. Here in St Louis, I don't think there are any scalpers, and I walked in just fine and picked up a phone on a Next upgrade. The coasts? Definitely worry about the scalpers.

9. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

10. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Ya, since there is no sales tax here, they are lined up every day until stock runs out and they come back the next day. Still lines here everyday :(

11. wes2006ag macrumors newbie

Found the phone I wanted a Best Buy today. Called AT&T on the spot and cancelled. My upgrade was reinstated immediately. Had 10/20/14 to 11/7/14 shipping dates...but no more waiting.

12. themyst macrumors 6502

I can't do that :( I got early upgrades from AT&T retentions. So I am stuck waiting.

13. joefoxx macrumors newbie

I actually cancelled my order on September 25th and I'm still waiting for my upgrade to be reversed! Been calling AT&T daily and they can't do anything until Oct 6th! VERY frustrating. I cancelled an order before, it was instant. This time they're saying there was a glitch in the system.

14. ceaguila macrumors member

I was thinking of canceling my pre-order but I think I'll just wait, too much trouble =/

15. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I also canceled after waiting 2 weeks after launch (3 weeks since order day), with no real end in sight. I had to drive almost 3 hours to get to an Apple Store, but we made a day of it. I really can't understand how people who preordered in the first hour on launch day can get treated like this. If everyone was waiting, I could understand, but you can walk right in to many stores and buy one. It made me feel like a real schmuck for waiting so long. Thanks for nothing AT&T!

16. CUHATIN macrumors regular

yeah got my 128gb 6 plus space grey tonight in store heck with waiting

----------

too easy

----------

whats the best case out? plus

17. JeremyE macrumors regular

Yeah it's not that easy for me here in Wisconsin. Space Grey and Gold 64GB Plus models have not came available here. Have alerts set up and everything.

18. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Interestingly, checking istocknow shows that there are essentially no iPhone 6 Plus models for AT&T anywhere within several hundred miles of me, so stock certainly does change quickly. I got my phone yesterday, and actually had the phone sell out at two different Apple Stores while trying to order one for Personal Pickup (got all the way to the submit order screen and then they sold out).

19. mediaprodguy macrumors member

What i don't understand....... why doesn't apple spend more time filling custom ship orders vs sending random quantities of phones to the stores? I think it is cutting in line for those who took the time to visit their site, place an order.

While i got my phone on istocknow and i LOVE that site.... i feel for those who ordered weeks ago and don't even have a shipping confirmation.

20. circa7 macrumors regular

I ordered weeks ago and still haven't gotten a tracking number. And I can't cancel my order because it's stuck in "preparing for shipment" for the past 3 days.