Cancel texting package?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ruckus09, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Ruckus09 macrumors newbie

I am thinking of cancelling my texting package $20/month and using only imessage. If i do how many texts will it take to eat through my 200mb data plan? I know that under wifi my data will not be affected.

2. ParishM macrumors regular

ParishM

keep in mind iMessage only works with other IOS devices, you cannot
    send messages to non Apple products.

3. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

iMessage uses a relatively small amount of data, and it is unsure exactly how much it uses, as it depends on how much you text. With the 200mb plan, without sending pictures or video, should be fine within reason. Try to connect to Wi-Fi whenever you can.

Keep in mind that iMessage is limited to Apple devices and without a carrier text messaging plan you will be charged for text messages that you receive from non Apple mobile devices.

4. 617aircav Suspended

As long as you don't use data for anything else, you should be fine.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

Straight texting with iMessage shouldn't use much data at all. If you are using iMessage to send pictures and videos then you will run out of 200 MB quickly.
    Google voice is also a good option for sending text messages to people that do not have iPhones.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/imessage-vs-smsmms-messaging-and-text-data-plans/