Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
To think just a week ago, my friends and people on here were bashing the Evo for its problems. Now it looks like the iPhone has plenty of its own :rolleyes: My roommates has the yellow spots and the bars drop to pretty much nothing when held by its antenna. The multi tasking is also a big letdown as is Face Time only being over wifi, I have my Macbook if I want to video chat over wifi. I love how the Evo multi tasks and the notification bar is awesome, not to mention flash. Sprint is also cheaper and has better rates and no capped data plans for new users. I really wish Apple would step up and make their phones as good as their computers.

RC83

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Bay Area, CA
To think just a week ago, my friends and people on here were bashing the Evo for its problems. Now it looks like the iPhone has plenty of its own :rolleyes: My roommates has the yellow spots and the bars drop to pretty much nothing when held by its antenna. The multi tasking is also a big letdown as is Face Time only being over wifi, I have my Macbook if I want to video chat over wifi. I love how the Evo multi tasks and the notification bar is awesome, not to mention flash. Sprint is also cheaper and has better rates and no capped data plans for new users. I really wish Apple would step up and make their phones as good as their computers.

Ok...... never give up on :apple:

Sinfire

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Sprint is cheaper? Last time I checked they charge you an extra $10 a month just for owning an EVO. It looks like most of the issues are software based and will be fixed shortly. The yellow screen.... Possibly just a bad batch. Didn't EVO have problems with the screen peeling up at the bottom of the phone ?

Either way, Apple stands by their products. If it is defective, you will get a free replacement. If the screen has a yellow tint, it will be replace.

Also keep in mind, when you want to be the first to own a new device chances are high that there is going to be a defect or two. All these things will be worked out and the new phones rolling off the assembly line will be better than the current batch.

fizzwinkus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
I really wish Apple would step up and make their phones as good as their computers.
That's funny, I think the same thing about android and web os.

There've been no problems with my iPhone 4 and ios has only gotten better. There is nothing that works as seamlessly or elegantly.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA

Your probably right... Apple is doing something wrong. They have sold just as many iPhones as ALL companies manufacturing Android based phones. Geeze Apple, get a grip on things! Your doing it all wrong!!! LOL :D:D:D

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
Apple is going to address these prioblems. Those that have yellow blotches will get a replacement. The reception issue, seems to be a bug. That is easy to fix with a simple patch. You knew all along that the iphione would not have flash, so I don't know why you would be complaining about that now. If you really want to go back to the Evo, then cool, but if you are really concerned about these issues, they will be fixed.

ldkaplan

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
N. Georgia

Did you join MR just to post this? I doubt you have a roommate(s) or an EVO. I think you live in your parents basement.

PezRadar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007

Android fanboy trolling.. Just registered today.. hah.

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
Holding the EVO and iPhone 4 next to each other, I can't see why someone would pick the EVO. The sharpness of the new iPhone screen really is that much better. Anyone who honestly doesn't see a huge difference needs their eyes checked.

Of course, I think the EVO looks and feels like a bulky toy...

No problems with my iPhone so far. Screen and reception have been perfect.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
I don't understand why people say the multitasking is a letdown. The apps I want to run in the background like pandora or slacker do exactly what people want they keep streaming after you exit the app. Most apps don't have to run fully in the background. They keep the spot you left off at and they don't suck down the battery.

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
Hey there troll...there is already an Android thread buried somewhere on this site because everyone is now talking about the new iPhone 4. So please go away and join your people on Android-related sites.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
unlike android apple will get all this worked out. android phones youll be lucky if the carrier or the hardware manufacturer will even get you the newest build of android before the lifecycle of the phone is over. good luck.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Did you join MR just to post this? I doubt you have a roommate(s) or an EVO.

Yes I did. Apple needs to be aware that their quality control sucks. The iPhone is 4 years old now and unlike HTC, Apple only has to worry about one phone. There is absolutely no excuse for these design, hardware and software flaws, especially considering what they charge for these things. Maybe that will get them worked out soon and I will give em another look.

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Screen separation? Touch not registering?

... Lol wut?

Engadget reported that the screen separation is very small. The touch not registering supposedly isn't that big and HTC are coming up with an update to fix that. The Iphone 4 has more problems...so not lets be fanboys. Both phones have their problems.

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
Yes I did. Apple needs to be aware that their quality control sucks. The iPhone is 4 years old now and unlike HTC, Apple only has to worry about one phone. There is absolutely no excuse for these design, hardware and software flaws, especially considering what they charge for these things. Maybe that will get them worked out soon and I will give em another look.

If you had any common sense whatsoever, you would realize that not every single product produced by a large manufacturer is going to be free of problems. Look at what HTC is going through with the EVO. There are always going to be problems with a percentage of devices made including Apple's laptop/desktop line and other products. Just like everyone else.

What you are doing here is twisting a small sample of users to justify your purchase of an Android device. And, in turn, you are trolling on a Mac forum thinking that Apple even cares about this site. Pretty stupid, guy.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal

/fail

kits

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
When will AT&T pick a good android phone? I wonder if we would have seen this level of pre-order frenzy for iPhone if AT&T had couple of good Android phones like Xperia X10, Droid X, HTC EVO, etc.

One main reason I always like to get iPhone on AT&T is because they have good resale value which helps me buy unlocked phones. If not for my preference for SIM card phones, I would have waited for Droid X on Verizon :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.