Canceled my iPad 2 Order!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mayhone1, Mar 18, 2011.

1. mayhone1 macrumors regular

I decided to cancel my iPad 2 order and instead order the first generation iPad, and a iPod touch. I did this for the following reasons;
    I can't find the iPad 2 anywhere and don't wanna wait 3-4 weeks to maybe get it.
    I don't want to pay almost $750-$1000 or more for a 16Gb iPad Touch.
    I don't want to wait in lines for two days and come home without one.
    I don't want to wait for my order just to get one damaged or with flaws like a yellow scene or the backlight issues.
    Lastly by doing this and buying the iPad 1 and iPod touch new, I have two devices that I can use for different things, the picture quality is better and all together these two items are cheaper than the iPad 2 I wanted together and will arrive sooner. Also I will be able to get an ipad 2 later after the lines and issues are a thing of the past.:apple:

2. iPimpin macrumors newbie

Hit craigslist and buy for cheap from seller like above

3. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I don't think he'll be slammed Surely; wise choice IMO OP.

4. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

great for you! congrats! but now youre going to have to find the 'not getting iPad 2' threads to comment on instead! ;)

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well, I ordered mine earlier, so thanks for putting me one spot higher in the queue.

6. mayhone1 thread starter macrumors regular

Your welcome man, just rather wait, plus this way I'll have two, after I get my iPad 2, just in case something happens to the first one, but good luck in getting yours.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Thanks. I didn't mean to come off quite as snarky as I probably did. ;)

8. mayhone1 thread starter macrumors regular

No you didn't, we all want an iPad...:rolleyes:

9. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Well I will be putting my 16G WiFi on sale in craigs list and all I'll want is the funds to cover the cost and taxes paid. This won't happen until my 32G 3G comes in though.

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Why get both an iPad and a touch? I hope not becAuse you wanted to spend an x amount of money.

11. mayhone1 thread starter macrumors regular

No not at all I got both because I originally wanted an iPad 2 for face time and all that and an iPad for school. so I got both because I didn't want to wait, wanted to make sure the bugs were out and wanted it to do different things. :rolleyes:

12. hcho3 macrumors 68030

You cancelled iPad 2 order because you did not want to wait...

There is no reason to say iPad touch 16GB because that's a topic for whole new thread. And I strongly disagree iPad is just another big ipod touch.

If you are happy with your choice, then good. But, don't try to ruin other people's purchase.

13. mayhone1 thread starter macrumors regular

I meant that I bought a iPod touch 8GB, :confused:I am not trying to ruin anyones purchase, I didn't say that other people should do what I did I stated that I did this because I did not want to wait, so I don't understand why you are committing really?

14. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

Wow. You needed it and you needed it NOW, eh?

Patience is a virtue, my friend. One day you'll learn.

15. mayhone1 thread starter macrumors regular

I am aware, However waiting an knowing your going to get something is one thing, waiting and not knowing another, I needed something for school and these are my reasons. Not judging others is also a virtue. Have a great day.:p

16. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Apple has a track record to overstate the ship date and has the tendency to ship early. So, you may had been nicely surprise to receive sooner. Oh well.:(

17. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I bought an iPad 1 yesterday, because I was able to buy it for $389 out the door. It will compliment my iPad 2 that should arrive in 2 days. I had never touched an iPad prior to yesterday and now I can't put the thing down. I don't think you will regret your purchase. Betwee your iPod and iPad, I think you are well covered for what you want to do.

By the way, get Terra for you web browsing needs. Unlike Safari, you can utilize tabs like Chrome and Firefox. And it is really fast loading webpages.

18. mayhone1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your kind words, and i think your right I can get iPad 2 later. And for all those that say I can't wait and thats bad, well I am waiting a lot longer for the iPad 2 by doing this, who who can't wait?

19. Domyat macrumors newbie

I think that was a smart alternative, one you won't regret. I sold my first iPad, because I wanted the FaceTime feature. I had thought of buying a touch just for that, but at the time, it did not justify the extra $200 or more.
    But, I like the newest things, so I will patiently wait till April till mine arrives.

20. jaimeastin macrumors regular

Wise Choice

I think it is a wise choice. You thought about the pros and cons and quite frankly, I doubt you will miss a thing. With your savings, you will be one of the ones getting the ipad3 while these other fanboys are snickering about keeping the ipad2... I might be one of them, lol.

The only reason I chose the 2 is for the extra processing power. I figured garage band might need it. As of now, garageband kinda sucks as it gives you JUST ENOUGH TO BE MAD ABOUT...:mad: So, I dont use it for the sole reason I bought the doggone thing...

Dont let these people get to you. My girl still has her one and it gets just as much use as before. It was a solid device, period. Better than the 2 in my opinion in design and such. You will have a wider range of accessories and they are ALL ON SALE. Man, I am just about convinced myself! Well, I guess i am just waiting on that garageband update that :apple: FORGOT TO MENTION...:confused:

21. nadaclue macrumors member

I read the OP's post and I fail to see where he was calling the iPad a "big ipod touch". By his post he is saying the opposite, that they are different. And that is why he is buying both to use for different things. He called it an iPad touch 16GB, probably adding the "touch" by mistake. Chill out, I don't think he is trying to ruin anyone's purchase.

22. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

This is going to all be moot anyway. Foxconn has a 10 day supply on hand. After that critical parts will become an issue despite what is being said about back up supplies the end of next week.

Anyone in here REALLY think Samsung is in the mood to help out Apple with FLASH Mem?

There are specific parts from Japan that can't be replace over night. We already see the roll out delays starting (not including the Humane Tragedy in Japan).

Apple is looking at production 8 weeks from now and making decisions.

Look for online orders to move to 4-6 weeks next week. :apple:

23. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Your dead on. I was suspecting 6-8 myself. This is a huge problem only in it's infancy stages.

24. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

4-6 weeks was for next week. :apple: