Canceling AT&T 6 Plus order ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yoohoo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Yoohoo macrumors newbie

has anyone been able to do this? i have a reservation still with apple and would like to take advantage of my 9/19 estimated delivery, however it is displaying a price of 649...i am almost positive this is due to my order with ATT.com

anyone have a suggestion?

2. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Have your order with ATT.com been processed already?

3. RobNYC macrumors 6502

ATT is slammed right now. When I called it just said they were too busy to take my call and to call back later.

4. Yoohoo thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have been given an estimated delivery in late october early November. even after placing order at 330

----------

exactly whats been happening to me... it seems like some people are doing it with ease tho

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

Hopefully AT&T lets you cancel the order. I seem to recall in past years there were people upset that AT&T would not let them cancel their order when the phones were readily available at the Apple Store.

6. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I'm sure they are. I'm waiting to see about canceling my order. They already processed it.. And it's shipping 21-28 days.

7. Yoohoo thread starter macrumors newbie

yea I'm just really banking on this getting cancelled and being able to move forward with my apple reservation....also banking on the cancellation will lower the price of my reservation back down to the standard rate with a 2 year contract

8. CaleM3 macrumors member

My issue is that I get an Oct 28-Nov 11 date from AT&T, but was able to successfully order from Apple Reservation as well (shipping in 7-10 days). Both at subsidized pricing....AT&T charged my card and Apple has not yet. Confused to say the least...

9. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

But I'm thinking the hold on the account it won't expire until the 15th... And it's no telling when the ineligibility will be lifted. And my Apple reservation will end by tomorrow. So, It's looking like I might make my rounds on the 19th.. to see if I can get lucky. I normally go to the store to get the iPhone around launch day anyway.. just wanted to something differently, which was a mistake on my part.

----------

Now that's odd.. are you using the same number for both orders? Seems like the Apple order would not be processed.

10. Vctr macrumors regular

I'm in the same predicament. Trying to cancel my AT&T order as soon as I can, just in case it interferes with the Apple order.

11. Pt3rodactyl macrumors newbie

Pt3rodactyl

I was successful in doing so via the confirmation email originally sent with the order. Click the "order status" link in your email, put in your zip code when prompted and click "cancel preorder" on the next page.

When I did it, it didn't give me any confirmation that it had actually taken place, so I went back through and did it about 10 times with the same result. Figured I'd just let it marinate for a few hours and see how it goes. Well, just logged into my order status page and where the "cancel preorder" button was is a box that says "order cancelled". Done deal. Never got a confirmation email about any of it as of yet.

12. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

I called Business Premier and had them cancel it.

13. CaleM3 macrumors member

There is nowhere to cancel for me...I'll have to call AT&T.

14. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

I had AT&T cancel my 6 and 6 plus orders. They happily did it for me. Good luck!

15. gashandburn macrumors newbie

Do you know how long it takes for your upgrade to be "reversed" so that an order can be placed at apple.com? I'm assuming there is a little lag time.

16. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

17. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I doubt the card charge isn't...

18. gashandburn macrumors newbie

Oh wow, that's awesome. I'm hoping I get an agent soon... (expectedly)been on hold for a while...

19. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

Haha I was on hold for an hour. The transaction is still pending on my credit cars. Not a big deal to me though

20. gashandburn macrumors newbie

yeah i'm prepared to be waiting for a while... not a big deal about the credit card hold... i just want to be able to order at apple.com as soon as i can

21. malibuboats91 macrumors regular

I assume you're getting the 6 then? I ordered the 6 plus originally but might order the 6 now. Can't make up my mind though lol

22. gashandburn macrumors newbie

yep, getting the 6 (what i originally ordered from at&t). the 6+ is just too large for me.

23. iPhisch macrumors 6502

I hope all of you cancelling your ATT orders causes mine to now ship on time. Thanks in advance!

24. bueller1 macrumors 6502

Lol seriously. A lot of people are ordering twice, or ordering on Apple and AT&T then canceling one or the other. So much unnecessary traffic and confusion. Just order from ONE place, IGNORE shipping dates, WAIT 3-4 days, and take it from there. I get the hype and being amped to get it next Friday but cancelling reordering then calling live chatting isn't going to change squat. Just going to cause more congestion.

25. bgro macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Did your upgrade date revert back to what it was before you preordered? I'm in the same boat. Hit that damn button about 20 times lol and no email yet.

----------

I was told today by a rep that it was 24 hours. Have read than on here also from other people. Have also heard that it is instant, takes 5-15 minutes, etc etc. I'll try to update with my experience if and when my order is cancelled.