Canceling AT&T 6 Plus order ?

Yoohoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
has anyone been able to do this? i have a reservation still with apple and would like to take advantage of my 9/19 estimated delivery, however it is displaying a price of 649...i am almost positive this is due to my order with ATT.com

anyone have a suggestion?

Ludatyk

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2012
Texas
has anyone been able to do this? i have a reservation still with apple and would like to take advantage of my 9/19 estimated delivery, however it is displaying a price of 649...i am almost positive this is due to my order with ATT.com

Have your order with ATT.com been processed already?

RobNYC

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2008
New York, NY

ATT is slammed right now. When I called it just said they were too busy to take my call and to call back later.

Yoohoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Have your order with ATT.com been processed already?
yes i have been given an estimated delivery in late october early November. even after placing order at 330

----------

ATT is slammed right now. When I called it just said they were too busy to take my call and to call back later.
exactly whats been happening to me... it seems like some people are doing it with ease tho

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Hopefully AT&T lets you cancel the order. I seem to recall in past years there were people upset that AT&T would not let them cancel their order when the phones were readily available at the Apple Store.

Ludatyk

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm sure they are. I'm waiting to see about canceling my order. They already processed it.. And it's shipping 21-28 days.

Yoohoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
I'm sure they are. I'm waiting to see about canceling my order. They already processed it.. And it's shipping 21-28 days.
yea I'm just really banking on this getting cancelled and being able to move forward with my apple reservation....also banking on the cancellation will lower the price of my reservation back down to the standard rate with a 2 year contract

CaleM3

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
yea I'm just really banking on this getting cancelled and being able to move forward with my apple reservation....also banking on the cancellation will lower the price of my reservation back down to the standard rate with a 2 year contract
My issue is that I get an Oct 28-Nov 11 date from AT&T, but was able to successfully order from Apple Reservation as well (shipping in 7-10 days). Both at subsidized pricing....AT&T charged my card and Apple has not yet. Confused to say the least...

Ludatyk

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2012
Texas
But I'm thinking the hold on the account it won't expire until the 15th... And it's no telling when the ineligibility will be lifted. And my Apple reservation will end by tomorrow. So, It's looking like I might make my rounds on the 19th.. to see if I can get lucky. I normally go to the store to get the iPhone around launch day anyway.. just wanted to something differently, which was a mistake on my part.

----------

My issue is that I get an Oct 28-Nov 11 date from AT&T, but was able to successfully order from Apple Reservation as well (shipping in 7-10 days). Both at subsidized pricing....AT&T charged my card and Apple has not yet. Confused to say the least...
Now that's odd.. are you using the same number for both orders? Seems like the Apple order would not be processed.

Vctr

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
I'm in the same predicament. Trying to cancel my AT&T order as soon as I can, just in case it interferes with the Apple order.

Pt3rodactyl

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2014
Huntsville, AL
I was successful in doing so via the confirmation email originally sent with the order. Click the "order status" link in your email, put in your zip code when prompted and click "cancel preorder" on the next page.

When I did it, it didn't give me any confirmation that it had actually taken place, so I went back through and did it about 10 times with the same result. Figured I'd just let it marinate for a few hours and see how it goes. Well, just logged into my order status page and where the "cancel preorder" button was is a box that says "order cancelled". Done deal. Never got a confirmation email about any of it as of yet.

CaleM3

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
I was successful in doing so via the confirmation email originally sent with the order. Click the "order status" link in your email, put in your zip code when prompted and click "cancel preorder" on the next page.

When I did it, it didn't give me any confirmation that it had actually taken place, so I went back through and did it about 10 times with the same result. Figured I'd just let it marinate for a few hours and see how it goes. Well, just logged into my order status page and where the "cancel preorder" button was is a box that says "order cancelled". Done deal. Never got a confirmation email about any of it as of yet.
There is nowhere to cancel for me...I'll have to call AT&T.

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011
Haha I was on hold for an hour. The transaction is still pending on my credit cars. Not a big deal to me though

gashandburn

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
Haha I was on hold for an hour. The transaction is still pending on my credit cars. Not a big deal to me though
yeah i'm prepared to be waiting for a while... not a big deal about the credit card hold... i just want to be able to order at apple.com as soon as i can

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011
yeah i'm prepared to be waiting for a while... not a big deal about the credit card hold... i just want to be able to order at apple.com as soon as i can

I assume you're getting the 6 then? I ordered the 6 plus originally but might order the 6 now. Can't make up my mind though lol

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
I hope all of you cancelling your ATT orders causes mine to now ship on time. Thanks in advance!
Lol seriously. A lot of people are ordering twice, or ordering on Apple and AT&T then canceling one or the other. So much unnecessary traffic and confusion. Just order from ONE place, IGNORE shipping dates, WAIT 3-4 days, and take it from there. I get the hype and being amped to get it next Friday but cancelling reordering then calling live chatting isn't going to change squat. Just going to cause more congestion.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida

Interesting. Did your upgrade date revert back to what it was before you preordered? I'm in the same boat. Hit that damn button about 20 times lol and no email yet.

----------

They said it's instantly reversed
I was told today by a rep that it was 24 hours. Have read than on here also from other people. Have also heard that it is instant, takes 5-15 minutes, etc etc. I'll try to update with my experience if and when my order is cancelled.