Cancelled 6+ Preorder, Buyer's Remorse

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DisneyFreak777, Sep 17, 2014.

1. DisneyFreak777 macrumors newbie

I just cancelled my 6+ Silver 64 GB Verizon phone in-store pickup preorder through Apple.com. I'm hoping I can wait in line at my Apple/Verizon store for a Silver 64 GB 6. Anybody doing something similar?

Attached Files:

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

What made you chose to go with the 6 instead of the 6+?

3. accountforit macrumors 6502a

It's a better phone....period. Haven't you heard?

4. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

why not wait til you have the phone before calling to cancel your preorder.

I have a preorder with apple that is not going to be arriving until about the 7th if I see an iphone instore between now and then I will be calling and canceling right before I buy in store.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

6. Jolly-boo macrumors member

I imagine the fact that you can't bloody sit with such a huge phone in your pocket, but that doesn't seem to bother people so ... dunno.

7. DisneyFreak777 thread starter macrumors newbie

I made cardboard cutouts, and considering I have small hands, it was just too big for me, and made it have more drawbacks than spec benefits for me.

----------

I bought the phone through an upgrade, so I want to make sure my upgrade has at least 48 hours to reset itself. Of course I will be calling Verizon to make sure it's ready by Friday.

8. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

That's not really mean/snarky enough response for the forum.

Can you please take a moment to trash the 6+ and talk down to the people who bought it like so many others have on the forum today? ;)

p.s. glad you figured out which one was correct for you before too late!

9. DisneyFreak777 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL honestly I still do want it a little bit, which is fine since it has nice features. But I know for me, I gotta go 6 and hope I can mutate my hands to be larger in the next 2 years to be prepared for iPhone 7+ :p. I think a 5 inch iPhone would be my perfect size, since the 6 seems a little small for me, and the 6+ seems a little too big for me, but the 6+ feels much bigger than the 6 feels much smaller, which is why I chose 6.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm sure you'll be able to find a 6 in store.

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Thank you. One more awesome phone in the pool for the rest of us.

12. leenak macrumors 68020

From the various talk, it seems like stores should have 2 lines, 6 and 6+ :) although I guess people could be buying both. It seems like the 6 inventory will be fine.

13. *KID* macrumors regular

Ditto this! The more cancellations, the more 6+ available for the rest of us waiting anxiously!

14. calibrad macrumors member

I look forward to a two week trial with the 6+, so I can evaluate it. I have nothing to lose, because the 6 should be easy to get, if I decide to swap. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.:cool:

15. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Agreed. I'm doing the same thing. If I'm not satisfied it will probably be easier to get an iPhone 6 over the Plus due to the inventory.

16. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Actually, the time to make the cutouts was before the 12th so you order the phone you want. My wife and I spent a lot of time with our cardboard cutouts the day before pre-orders opened. We're both going for the 6 Plus. Of course if I measured wrong, I'll be on the divorce forums.

17. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

18. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I think you will be having Cancellers remorse pretty soon HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

19. DisneyFreak777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Using the 14 day return period is a pretty good idea. I just didn't want to mess with my upgrade, and have to deal with hell returning my phone and trying to explain to Verizon that I didn't actually upgrade.

I just realized that the OIS didn't necessarily matter to me, and didn't make enough of a difference for me to want it. Also, the 1080p screen was nice but not necessary for me, so the only thing I really valued was battery life. But battery life just didn't outweigh the size considering my small hands and that I use my phone one-handed all the time, plus the extra weight.

20. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

YOu must be wearing the wrong pants….lol. I've been at work all day and I've had the 6 Plus leather case in my pocket the whole time and it has yet to be an issue. These pants will have the smallest/tightest pockets of anything I wear as well.

I don't mess with skinny jeans...

21. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Meh, wrong model for me. :p

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

23. Jolly-boo macrumors member

I really only wear jeans, and all of them are slim fit. One pair, which does have relatively larger front pockets than the others, I might fit the Plus, but I don't even want to see how it will look and feel once once I lift up my leg.

Another one, which is Nudie Jeans, have short pockets, so the Plus would just stick out of the pocket.

I have these two friends with Plus size phones, and every time they sit they take the phone out of their pockets and hold it in their hands. That's pretty much what I would have to do. That's ridiculous.

So yeah, just the 6 for me.

24. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

So are you talking cargo pants, jeans, slacks or what...

25. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Well I don't have buyers remorse but I did pre-order and have to cancel so I am off to line up early in the AM. So I guess in that regard I am in the same boat as you.

Hoping for a space grey 6. I'll take 64GB or 128GB.