Cannot Download OS X Mavericks from AppStore

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Kuwait, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Kuwait macrumors member

Kuwait

i need help i see The error

OS X v10.9 is already installed on this computer. Use the Updates page to install the 10.9 update or if you would like to download the full OS X installer click Continue.

After clicking continue, nothing happened. No download, no nothing.

2. dzejms macrumors member

dzejms

Open AppStore with alt pressed down. The click download also with alt pressed down.

3. snakes- macrumors regular

I Have already mavericks installed. I try to download again and press the alt button but nothing happens.

4. kansei macrumors member

same, and on.. three macs, in two locations. You folks running the GM or developer previews I presume?

5. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

How many of you guys installed the developer recovery update today? I'm trying to figure out if that's what caused this

6. kansei macrumors member

I definitely did on the two macs I have here (2011 macbook air and 2013 imac). I don't think I did on the macbook pro at work, I can check on it in the morning but as I recall it wasn't working to download either. Had no issue on any other systems I upgraded today (all running 10.8).

Seeing as the recovery update was installed, I tried reinstalling from recovery and it indicates that I have not purchased Mavericks. Oh great, the ones I installed today at work I of course used a different Apple ID on, so the "purchase" wasn't logged on this account.

7. muouyiyi macrumors newbie

not downloading, it appears in the software update though.

8. Alveezy macrumors regular

I have the first GM(Build 13A598) installed. also tried the alt/option to click on the download and the nothing happens. I do see a progress spinning wheel on the left hand side of the mac app store window but nothing is downloading. i also checked my purchases and it's not there at all.

i'm not a Dev and did get it from a torrent.

9. quizquiz macrumors newbie

10. mannyo1221 macrumors member

Mine gave the impression that nothing was downloading, but it was downloading in the background. Once its downloaded from the app store, you'll get an icon to install OSX mavericks in the applications folder.

I was on 13A598, but just installed the released version over the top and all is well, I had also installed the recovery update prior to downloading mavericks.

11. kansei macrumors member

it won't even let me download 10.8 from the app store, to restore this imac to that.

12. Alveezy macrumors regular

Hmm when did you realize it was actually downloaded? that's kind of hard to judge especially for people with slow connection? does it actually show that it's downloading if you try to look for the app in your applications folder or if you do the gesture to pull up all of your apps?

There has to be an indication that it's downloading? i mean a terminal script perhaps?

13. kensic macrumors 6502

i too was in the same position.

you will have to start up in a NON-MAVERICKS partition to download Mavericks

for me, i still had my ML partition, i start it up in it...logged onto app. store. downloaded it, then created a usb bootable. then did a clean install over the partition that i used for DP Mavericks.

14. muouyiyi macrumors newbie

the thing is, when you click on the download button, it doesn't even appear in your purchases, which is saying not buying,, how come download....

15. Kuwait thread starter macrumors member

Kuwait

i try alt nothing happens :(

16. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Bring up Launchpad and it will appear in there whilst downloading. There's no sign of it downloading in the MAS but it will be downloading in the background.

----------

You don't have too.

17. lapeno macrumors 6502

I'm getting : The application could not be downloaded. :(

18. kansei macrumors member

Something to test: find a friend with mountain lion, sign in to the app store, "purchase" mavericks for $0.00, then go back to your mac, boot to recovery, and "reinstall mac OS". I do wonder if the updated recovery will give the final shipping version when doing this. I wanted to try this by signing in using my work apple ID but I know it would send an email to my whole team "your apple ID was used to sign in on an iMac" at 2:30am which they would laugh at me for :p

I took an alternative route. I exposed the recovery partition (debug menu in disk utility) and erased it with info from here: http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/s...hat-it-is-why-its-there-and-how-to-remove-it/

which allowed me to get into Internet Recovery, which took about 10 minutes to boot and is now installing Mountain Lion.. not sure if that'll also install a Mountain Lion recovery partition. I used disk utility in recovert to repartition to a single.

19. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

20. kansei macrumors member

everyone in this thread hates you so much right now :p

21. mannyo1221 macrumors member

I downloaded it from Mavericks, when the installer appears in the applications folder it has a progress bar underneath. Once downloaded the installer wizard started to run. The download is 5.3GB, it did take quiet a while on a 50meg connection. App Store did say downloading, but there was not progress or anything.

22. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

it's slow going though. Now you can hate me half as much. lol!

Attached Files:

23. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard