Cannot exit safe mode after jailbreak

brunetmj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Upstate, NY
After jailbreaking my 3GS with os4
and after installing a few apps with cydia
my phone is stuck in safe mode. When I try to exit safe mode it just hangs.
I tried to unistall these apps but that dint help .
A restore did nothing also.
If I try to start in DUI mode apple wants to upgrade to 4.1.
Any suggestions if what to try next?

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I updated MobileSaturate, biteSMS, Cyntact, and UKtoolKit and now I can't get my phone out of safe mode.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Could be some of your themes and Winterboard causing the issues. Uninstall Winterboard and see.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Haha I wish there was a way to go back to the previous version! It was working fine before this update went and ruined it. And with how busy Saurik is, I don't know when he's going to be able to fix his mistake. Oh well.
Yeah. And it was a bitch to get through the load to get it installed in the first place :/

Nokaoi

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2009
Same happened to me so I restored mine. Want to jailbreak again but don't want that crap again.:confused:

iPhone Addict

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Hmm, Saurik *MIGHT* have updated it, although I'm not sure. I was looking at his twitter and a lot of people are having the same problem.

One person said they just went back in and re-installed Cyntact and it worked, so I just tried it myself. Sure enough, its working now! :p

freepass

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2010
uninstall cydia apps in safe mode?

My iphone4 is stuck in safe mode. I just jailbroke it and installed Sbsettings,Insomnia,BIteSMS,eWiFi-The simple stuff I've always had in my previous phones. The Winterboard somehow got installed with one of the apps.I've NEVER had Cyntact. Anyways how can I uninstall any of them if the phone is in safe mode? All my apps in Cydia are not showing due to the safe mode. Any help would be appreciated.

TaterToT

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
OK
After jailbreaking my 3GS with os4
and after installing a few apps with cydia
my phone is stuck in safe mode. When I try to exit safe mode it just hangs.
I tried to unistall these apps but that dint help .
A restore did nothing also.
If I try to start in DUI mode apple wants to upgrade to 4.1.
Any suggestions if what to try next?
You went into DUI mode?! You really shouldn't drink and drive... Did you get pulled over? Did you lose your license?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
My iphone4 is stuck in safe mode. I just jailbroke it and installed Sbsettings,Insomnia,BIteSMS,eWiFi-The simple stuff I've always had in my previous phones. The Winterboard somehow got installed with one of the apps.I've NEVER had Cyntact. Anyways how can I uninstall any of them if the phone is in safe mode? All my apps in Cydia are not showing due to the safe mode. Any help would be appreciated.
Open Cydia > Manage > Packages > select the stuff you want to uninstall > Modify > Remove.

romeotesta

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
MY phone is stuck

My phone is stuck in safe mode too but cydia isn't even on the spring board and only comes up when i restart my springboard but i cant because everytime i do it redirects me to safe mode! what do i do cause i can delete and cydia apps???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.