Cannot import CDs into iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by airplaneman, Jul 23, 2009.

1. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Hey guys. I got a new Mac yesterday and had lots of songs to import from my PC. Soon enough I found out iTunes did not support WMA, so I decided to convert the songs that I did not have a CD for into MP3 or something. I haven't done that yet, though. Here's the problem: I figured that the songs I had the CD for I could just rip from the CD again. So I inserted an audio CD into my CD drive to start. I made sure my iTunes preference for what to do with a CD when it is inserted was to automatically import it and then eject it when it was done. I inserted the CD. Nothing happened. :confused: I tried again with another CD. Same result. Just to clear things up, NO, these are not pirated in case you were wondering. I only buy legit CDs :). I am so confused right now. I searched up Apple help for around an hour and tried what they told me, but the CD would not even be recognized; therefore, their help was no help to me. What's wrong? Thanks!

--Airplaneman

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Hmm.. Try opening iTunes, then watch the finder to see if the CD shows up under devices. If it does, then iTunes should show it also. What happens for you?

I have no problem importing CDs, and I also only use purchased legit CDs.

Is there anything unusual about the CDs? Old CDs?

3. airplaneman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, it works now. Perfect timing.:rolleyes: Thanks for your help! Oh, I feel like ripping my hair out!!! I wasted an hour trying to get it to work and now it works... :mad:Then again, I'm glad:D. Thanks soooooo much! It works now.:confused:

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Unfortunately, pirated CDs can have better chances of getting imported without problems then legitimate music on silver shining plastic discs that look like CDs.