cannot install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phanx2, May 22, 2009.

1. phanx2 macrumors newbie

For download application, we must:
    1. Download Now Click Download Now to begin downloading application
    2. When finished, there will be the .dmg file to your desktop (or Downloads folder). Then double click the application for Mac file to begin installation.

At first, I always do that ways to get many applications. There is no problem. I just download, then install it. Very simple.
    But, I think now there is problem with my mac. After doing the first step, I cannot do the step 2. When I double click on the application, there is no installation begin (nothing happens). Why does this happen?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Many applications don't require an installer - you just drag them to your Applications folder. What's happening is you're launching the application from the mounted DMG.

3. phanx2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think application that have been dowloaded must be installed, such as yahoo messenger and videora. But, they can not installed. If I double click on them, nothing happens. that is so weird.

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

This is referred to as drag-and-drop installation. There is no dedicated installation program for many apps. As was stated above, you just drag and drop the application icon (ie. Yahoo! Messenger icon from the Finder window that opens when double-clicking the .dmg file) to you Applications folder, which should be listed in the Finder sidebar. Then to use the newly installed program just double-click the icon for the app, Yahoo! Messenger, from your Applications folder. Viola! Installed! :eek: :p

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

An installer will usually have some wording meaning 'Installer' with the application. If it does, double clicking will open the installer. Otherwise, just drag the Application to your /Applications folder and run it from there.

6. phanx2 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanxs very much. I know that, but I think you don't know what I mean.
    At beginning. I always do what you say. But, after I got messenger virus (I opened link that my friends sent), my mac is going error. Software runs slowly. Software also always suddenly closed and then there is crash reporter boxs, such us for mozzila firefox. Now, if I finished download software, there is nothing happened if I doubled click on it. Before, if I double clicked on it, there will be a box like you have sent. Of course, I can run that software easily. But NOW, cannot. (Now, I have changed my messenger password)
    My mac also always must be restarted. Sometimes if I switch on my mac, there will be some weird sound. I knows that something wrong happens. Anybody can help?