iPhone X Cannot pair headphones to X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nyy13251, Feb 22, 2018.

1. nyy13251 macrumors member

I have a pair of Wireless JBL Headphones that I have used with my 6 and Apple Watch. Never had issues. This AM, I tried to pair the headphones to the X and they would not pick them up. I tried resetting the X, resetting network devices. No idea what to do next. Any suggestions? Could it be the software? The X has paired with my Watch and my car and it would pick up other devices as I walked down the hall, but not my headphones. Is it possible the hardware or software in the headphones are not compatible for the X?

Thanks!

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I would try to reset your headphones and then try to update your headphones to the latest firmware (probably via the associated JBL app). After you have tried that, power down the iPhone and start again before trying to pair the headphones.

3. chabig macrumors 603

No. Bluetooth is standardized. The most likely reason is you’re not getting the headphone into pairing mode. Double check your method.

4. nyy13251 thread starter macrumors member

Am downloading the App now. Will give it a shot. Not sure how if I will be able to update them via App since they will not pair with phone.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2018 ---

double checked a few times. No luck. Not sure what else to try differently.

Edit:::: The app doesn't support the headphones I have. They aren't even that old. 2 years

5. EDH667, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

You may also check to see if JBL has a software update available via their website when you connect your headphones via a USB cable to your computer.
    Also try to turn off other nearby devices or move the iPhone X and JBL headphones out of range of other devices while you are trying to pair to the phone.

6. adamhenry, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

I had the same problem with my Jaybirds. I had to reset the earbuds to get them to pair with my X. Your headphones go into pairing mode automatically when new. You need to find out how to manually put them in pairing mode.

7. nyy13251 thread starter macrumors member

Got it to work!! Thank you and to everyone else!

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Have you tried deleting the original pairing and re-pairing?

9. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

Have you tried reading the threads you respond to? Post #7 in this tread is fairly relevant.