Can't change back to Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DavisP, May 4, 2010.

1. DavisP macrumors newbie

Hello!
    Today I installed windows 7 on my Mac. And now i'm using it. But the problem is that I can't change back to Mac. I haven't deleted anything, Windows is installed on Bootcamp.

Can somebody tell me what to do next?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Have you tried holding down option during boot? You should get the available bootable drives.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you installed it properly and have MacOS X and Windows 7 on your computer, then hold the option key (the one with "alt" printed on it) while rebooting your computer, and you'll be shown two hard drive images; one with MacOS X and one with Windows.

If you made a mistake and overwrote MacOS X while installing Windows, then it's gone :mad: The same step (option key during reboot) will only show a Windows drive that you can boot from.

If MacOS X is there and you want to always boot into MacOS X except when you hold the option key down, then boot into MacOS X, then in System Preferences choose "Startup Disk". If it is not there then I think you have to start all over again. Post for more help if that is the case.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You can also select the startup disk in Windows Control Panel if you installed the Boot Camp drivers.

B