Can't "click and drag" files into Mission Control with 10.7.2

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Merks, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Merks macrumors newbie

I used to click and drag photos from iPhoto, 4-finger-swipe while holding that file, and then un-swipe on the app/browser window/mail client that I wanted to drag it into...

This USED to be available in 10.7.1....

Is there a way to turn this feature back on?

2. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

I just noticed this too… What the hell? This has been possible before and even in Exposé and Spaces it was possible! So now if you want to drag a file to a window on another screen, the only thing you can do is drag it to the edge of the screen, wait until it flips through all the desktops one by one, and pray that the desktop you're looking for is on that side and not the other side...

3. tkermit, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Or you can enter Mission Control by pressing CTRL+↑ while you're dragging the file. Enabling a hot corner and dragging the file into it, works as well.

Alternatively, just drag the file over an app's icon and wait for Application Exposé to activate (press the space bar if you don't want to wait).

4. Merks thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, yes... I'm just wondering WHY Apple did this. It didn't benefit anyone...

5. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

6. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Wow, I'm having this problem too. Maybe they removed it by mistake? It was so intuitive before.

7. Merks thread starter macrumors newbie

Hah yes, It's almost as if it were an item they originally "upgraded" as a new feature... BUT NO...

8. Endemm macrumors newbie

Same thing here. Incredibly frustating. The alternatives are not nearly as fast and convenient. Can't we do anything about it. First, not letting this discussion die. :(

9. Merks thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Well this http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4767 says:

And since I never tried to do that with 10.7.1 I don't know what's changed, if anything.

Is this what y'all are talking about?

11. Merks thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry yes! I'm gonna look through everything to find out how to "enable" this, then update :)