Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
I did enable Guided Access on my iPhone so I know I am doing the right steps. But I set my iPad up the same way and when I go into an App and triple click the Home button it simply exits the App back to the Home screen filled with App icons. I have tried this with Photos, Safari, Google and other Apps.

What is the problem and how to fix it so I can use Guided Access on the iPad to keep users in just one App (Photos)?

All software is up-to-date.

tensixturtle

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2021
Kepler 22b
I assume you have made sure the "Guided Access" option is enabled in Accessibility settings, and you've tried turning it on and off again, etc. Have you tried checking under Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut and then make sure "Guided Access" is selected? Also, have you checked if there is a Screen Time app limit that might be set for the Photos app? Sometimes, the app limit can interfere with Guided Access.

tensixturtle

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2021
Kepler 22b
That's strange. I wonder what's causing the problem. I've read about trying activating Guided Access with Siri, but that seems like a long shot. Would it be possible to consider resetting your settings on your iPad? Though I understand that that can be very inconvenient and therefore not a practical option. I am looking at my Settings and I cannot find anything else I can think of to check, although something could of course be eluding me...

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
It eludes me too. It works on my iPhone but not my iPad. Both have the same iOS and I carefully checked all the setting related to Guided Access and they are all the same. All the software is uptodate on both devices. I see other people using Guided Access on the iPad, same model 6th generation, so that should be okay. I am trying the reset next. Network settings first.... Golly, gee, whilikers!!! You, TenSixTurtle, win the Golden Apple! After resetting the network settings I can now use Guided Access on my iPad. I tested first without doing anything (no network setup). It worked. I am now reconnecting to the WiFi network... Guided Access is still working while connected to the network. Yeah! Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: tensixturtle
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.