Can't navigate in Time Machine

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by camner, Feb 2, 2014.

1. camner macrumors regular

I'm running 10.9.1 and I can't navigate in Time Machine.

No matter what folder is open in the Finder, when I enter TM, right before the screen changes the folder that is open changes to my user folder. Once I'm in TM, I can go back and forth in time to different snapshots, but I can't navigate to any other folder or drive. Clicking on any of the folders or items in the sidebar doesn't work. I can't click in the search bar to activate it. It's just stuck on my user folder.

I've tried repairing permissions, but that does not help.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ultraspiracle macrumors member

This is a problem that many of us are experiencing. Apple knows about it. It "should" be better in 10.9.2 I believe, but we'll see. :)

3. camner thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I was not able to find reference to this through a search, but I suppose that says more about my (poor, apparently) searching skills than anything else.

I suppose I should be glad that this is a general problem and not peculiar to my system...

4. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

I'm having a very similar issue. There was a thread that I started on this; many people has been reporting similar issues, and I've done a bugreport at bugreport.apple.com. I would encourage you to do the same, as more bug reports on this, the better chance it'll get to be fixed.

LINK TO THREAD

5. camner, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014

camner thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'll do that.

That was an interesting thread. I, too, have a dual monitor setup; that seems to contribute to the problem.

I hope one of the workarounds works for me. Over the last weekend I wanted to restore something from TM and simply couldn't get past the "can't navigate in TM" issue.

Thanks much for the help.