can't open safari in iphone 3g With t-mobile.. pls help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sagarrana55, Dec 19, 2008.

1. sagarrana55 macrumors member

hey guys i have unlocked iphone 3g runnign t-mobile.. i have $24.99 data plan.. from t-mobile.. appstore and youtube and gps all works but i can;t open safari. i set my APN to internet2.voicestream.com i got edge on safari but when i open it it just give me safari screen when i click on + sign or anything else in safari it doesn;t respond pls help

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Restore iPhone. May be your best bet.

Edit - You won't get 3G signal in your iPhone using T-Mobile US. Also, is you phone factory unlocked or are you using a sorta illegal SIM adapter?

3. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Why can't you get tmobile 3G with the iphone?

And that doesn't sound like a network problem given that it works with the other apps. I would try a restore like jav said.

Also I plan on getting the same tmobile data plan and was wondering what firmware do you have it working on?

4. WRXJIM macrumors newbie

T-Mobiles 3G network is a differnet freq, they picked up the dregs, cause they missed the boat...

I have a unhacked, unlocked iPhone and cant get 3G on t-mo :(

But I have to say, side by side with my wife G1, its not that much slower... graphic intensive pages are, but I generally use it for my work pages, and facebook, flickr etc, and its pretty darn good.