Can't Remove Icon from menubar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ercanbas, Feb 23, 2009.

1. ercanbas macrumors regular

Hello,

I had to install RayV and now that I do not need it I would like to get rid of it. I removed it under system preferences at the bottom but I cannot seem to get rid of the icon on the menu bar. I cannot drag it out and am stumped at what to do. I even manually removed the plugins from the library. Any help?

2. lazydesi macrumors 6502

For some menu extra icons, you can hold down the Command key and simply drag (or re-arrange) them off the menu bar.

try that

3. ercanbas thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't work for this particular icon. :(

4. Ploki macrumors 68000

5. Abbigirl macrumors newbie

RayV Icon in Menu Bar

I was FINALLY able to remove the RayV agent icon in my menu bar by going to:

System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items

I highlighted RayV and hit the minus sign- and poof. Gone!

6. harreharre macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any other fixes for this? I have tried checking in Login Items and it is empty. Having trouble removing Hands Off! from the menu bar using cmd key - it just comes up with a greyed out circle with a line through it. thanks!

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Go back to the default settings. Remove com.apple.systemuiserver.plist and Restart. (ui = user interface, this is where menu settings reside)

8. KALLT macrumors 601

You probably did not uninstall it completely. I suggest you reinstall it and follow their instructions: https://www.oneperiodic.com/products/handsoff/faq.html#faq2. No offence to Gregg2, but I suggest you make sure that the app is completely uninstalled before you start deleting other configuration files.

9. Gregg2, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016

Gregg2 macrumors 603

No offense taken, but it's usually harmless to delete a plist file.