Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Can't scroll calendar with mouse wheel in month view? It only works with scroll pads?

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
I noticed this yesterday - actually I cant even scroll with the trackpad... in any direction.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Weird. I've tried it again now and suddenly scrolling vertically in month view works completely smoothly and so does horizontal scrolling in week view (used to be very stiff and only do paginated swipes).

What happened here?

milaround

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2007
Confirmed. Cannot scroll calendar with Logitech G9 scroll wheel. Trackpad works. This needs to be fixed.

S

syd430

Yes, this annoying. It feels very unintuitive once you've been using the trackpad then suddenly cant scroll anymore with the wheel.

palebluedot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Has anyone figured out a solution for this? I still can't scroll left/right in Mail.app (very annoying) nor can I scroll on the calendar or anything else. But trackpad works on my other Mac.

Thor774

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
I am also having this problem.
The scroll wheel works fine everywhere else in Mavericks.
The trackpad works just fine everywhere in calendar, and week and day views on the calendar scroll just fine with the scroll wheel, it is just month view.
I have a generic mouse and am using Steermouse to control functions.

Has anyone found an answer for this?

Last edited:

darelldd

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2014
Sacramento Valley
A year later... has anybody found an answer for this? I've NEVER been able to scroll calendar with the mouse. I can scroll it with the Magic Pad... but I need to use the scroll wheel. Without a pad, it's impossible to scroll?

milaround

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2007
A year later... has anybody found an answer for this? I've NEVER been able to scroll calendar with the mouse. I can scroll it with the Magic Pad... but I need to use the scroll wheel. Without a pad, it's impossible to scroll?

Still not possible afaik. I gave up on Calendar and started using Fantastical. Haven't looked back since.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Half way through 2016 and I still can't scroll with the mouse. But can with the remote magic pad. :sigh:
I've given up all hope on this one. Also, not being able to view the following month on the Apple Watch's calendar view. Hmm ... am I seeing a trend here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.