iPhone XS Cant wait for my iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDennis1994, Apr 12, 2019.

1. iDennis1994 macrumors regular

iDennis1994

I finally made my decision. Bought a 256gb iphone xs silver model, with a black apple leather case! Its coming with the delivery guy today!:) Switching back from android to ios.

When I get the phone the best thing to do is to go to a apple retail store and let them put a screen protectoe on it right?

:D

2. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Hopefully you won't regret it :p While you're at it, restore the device to the latest version using iTunes before you actually set it up.

3. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors regular

iDennis1994

Hopefully i wont lol

4. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors regular

iDennis1994

I got it! What a phone, its so Nice ! :) The leather case is also premium. Should i get a screenprotector?

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Some like to use a screen protector and some don’t. I dislike and have never scratched a screen.

Much depends on you and how careful you are, but accidents can happen.

Good luck and enjoy your phone.

6. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors regular

iDennis1994

I went to the Apple Store and asked for a screenprotector. He put one on for me :)

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Very good, the choice has been made.

Hope you enjoy, have a great weekend.

8. Lekro macrumors member

Lekro

9. mrex macrumors 68040

mrex

well, i dropped my phone when putting it back to the front pocket and the screen cracked - fortunately it was only the glass protector which is now broken and cost me 10 euros - another to replace it... but much less than replacing the screen.

10. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I dropped my 6+ once. It hit the ground in such a way that the screen cracked while the screen protector remained perfect. The only good I could say about the protector is that at least it protected my fingers until I got the screen replaced.

Last time I ever put on a screen protector.

Glad yours saved your screen though.

2015-09-18 19.40.53 HDR.jpg

11. Lekro macrumors member

Lekro

Thats why you need an edge to edge 3D screen protector.

12. rebretz000 macrumors regular

rebretz000

13. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

For free???

Actually they're pretty cheap. You can buy a packageof 3 for $5-10 on ebay. Glass ones do crack occasionally so a pak of 3 comes in handy. Very easy to install.

14. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Just be prepared that the overall experience is more restricted. But way more polished and the ecosystem of course.

15. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

Same phone I bought. Hope you love it as much as I love mine!

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

How come you didn't wait until Sept. for the iPhone 11? Just wondering... I also purchased an XS Max 2 weeks ago. Today is the 14th day. I wasn't sure if I should exchange for an XS. But it's too late now.

17. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors regular

iDennis1994

Not gonna wait 5 more months, lmfao

18. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

As long as you treat your phone like the sophisticated piece of electronics that is, you don't need a case or screen protector. I've never used either, and in the nearly 12 years iPhones have been out, I've never regretted that decision.

19. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors regular

iDennis1994

Nice but im to scared to use it naked. Payed over 1300 for the phone so i will put a case on it. This is the first phone i have a screenprotector on aswell.

20. mrex macrumors 68040

mrex

Is that a glass protector?

Anyway, it doesnt go to the edges as you can see it took the hit on the place the protector werent covering the screen.

im only using tempered glass protectors that protect the display fully, from edge-to-edge.

[​IMG]

21. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

There are real edge to edge protectors, which are much better and you don't notice them at all. I always put full cover ones.

22. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

This is perfect world scenario stuff & you’ve been very lucky. For most people, mishaps happen, whether at home, work, on holidays etc.

I take care of my gear more than most people I know, have only dropped my phone a couple of times in nearly 10 years & every glass screen protector I’ve used ends up with micro scratches + some slightly more severe, despite keeping my hands & pockets clean & using only high quality micro fibre cloths to wipe them down every night.

The film protectors I’ve used in the past are more forgiving as they have a ‘gel’ like surface which repaired itself, but in my recent experience of using decent quality glass protectors, they always end up with scratches. Yes, most of the scratches can only be seen when light hits them at certain angles, but there are always one or two which a little deeper & stand out more.

I guess it depends on your tolerance to scratches - I personally don’t want any kind (micro even) on the original screen.

23. Lyrca macrumors regular

Lyrca

I dropped my XS once but it was enough to crack the screen protector. Luckily the screen was left intact.

Good move getting a screen protector. Hope you enjoy your new device.

24. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I always use a glass screen protector. Have broken my glass screen protectors a few times but never the screen. I can fit them myself too so I can just order one amazon next day delivery and fit it myself.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2019 ---
    Congrats on your new phone OP. Enjoy.

25. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors regular

iDennis1994

The xs is the PERFECT size. The max is just to big