Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
If you're so picky why wouldn't you go purchase your laptop from the Apple store you've visited? (or any other Mac retailer for that matter) You could check it over before you lay your money down and save a HELLUVA lotta hassle on both sides.

You can't check a computer BEFORE you put out your money. If I had been able to do that, I would have and saved myself a lot of time, energy, frustration and hassle. You have to buy, then you can open, inspect etc. if there's something wrong you have to make an appt to see a genius. Above all, the Apple store's lighting means that there is really almost no way to inspect a display for issues.

People seem to think I enjoy returning MBPs. I don't - in fact I hate it.

MowingDevil

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2008
Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
Seriously, the Apple store won't let you inspect a computer before purchasing???? That seems rather unreasonable.
So even if thats so, what about an independent Authorized Mac retailer? Surely they would.

Say you walk in and make the purchase, surely they would let you inspect it before you left. There's gotta be some Apple selling computer store that has decent lighting, I know there is in my area.

Hey I'm just throwing it out there. Obviously the system you were using wasn't working and well you're banned so you've gotta look at an alternative to that. If I had that many problems I wouldn't walk out of the store w/o at least a basic check over on the display.

delianka

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
From one very angry apple customer that happily bought MBP 1 year ago

man.. before being so excited about your MBP, look at my "perfect" situation
here on this thread..

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6200497#post6200497

This is what happens to the freaking MPBs and believe me - Apple doesn't care!!! They only tell you straight in your face to **** off... You already paid their millionaire's salaries. Plus, you paid for these hi-tech millions of dollars commercials that make you feel good to carry their product under your arm ready to break...
If I didnt pay 2.5 K for this ****** comp - I would have thrown this dead meat to the dogs...
Now I have to turn my appt into a hi-tech lab to replace the ****, cuz I will not give even a dollar to any "super tech psycho from apple" to fix that for trillions amount the real price and laught behind my back how stupid I am and how smart they are to make me pay humungous amount of money for something that can break in this very moment and the next very moment.
Who knows what more I have to bear for my year ago silly excitement to get an apple product...
This is what happens to you money...!! This is what apple wants you to happen to your money by making you pay and pay and pay for all their ****** products... And what about the cost to protect your product (I paid $75 only for covers and KBD protection and I am just a poor student.. )

Since my LED broke, my life is a living hell... My wallet and my heart are bleeding...

The only recommendation I can give you is to read all these forums carefully and make sure you remember how to treat your MBP properly so that one day you don't have your heart bleeding like mine now over the dead body of your MBP...
And trust me - Apple doesnt care... You are just one of the many that they screwed and the law is on their side....

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
man.. before being so excited about your MBP, look at my "perfect" situation
here on this thread..

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6200497#post6200497
So you're saying that you closed your MBP one night, opened it the next day, and your screen cracked like this by itself? :eek:

attachment.php

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
Seriously, the Apple store won't let you inspect a computer before purchasing???? That seems rather unreasonable.
So even if thats so, what about an independent Authorized Mac retailer? Surely they would.

Say you walk in and make the purchase, surely they would let you inspect it before you left. There's gotta be some Apple selling computer store that has decent lighting, I know there is in my area.

Hey I'm just throwing it out there. Obviously the system you were using wasn't working and well you're banned so you've gotta look at an alternative to that. If I had that many problems I wouldn't walk out of the store w/o at least a basic check over on the display.

No, nobody will let you open a box, inspect and then pay (or not if you're not happy). No mac seller I've been to has lighting that allows any kind of display check - the apple store, tekserve etc are all the same.

ariesfeng

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
I try to buy every digital product that I need from Amazon. Their return policy if the most favorite part.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
I try to buy every digital product that I need from Amazon. Their return policy if the most favorite part.

Have you ever tried calling them up three weeks later and telling them your box of stuff never arrived, and you'd like your money back because the stuff was meant to be a present for a birthday which is now over? It works, as long as you didn't sign for the package. They're too nice. Or they can just afford to be ripped off.

And about you getting the MBP... that's awesome. You're not stupid at all, if the specs do you, there's little reason to wait. :)

ariesfeng

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
So you're saying that you closed your MBP one night, opened it the next day, and your screen cracked like this by itself? :eek:

attachment.php

Apple's quality control is worse than before.

My friends bought six macbook pro for his studio and five of them have different problems.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Just saying, having used laptops since the 90's, I've never seen a LCD screen crack like that "on its own". :eek:

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
...I think I've returned probably 6-7 macbook pros in the past two years (and I've also had a few replacements from Apple directly). I've also kept probably 5-6 mbps and at least three macbook...

No, nobody will let you open a box, inspect and then pay (or not if you're not happy). No mac seller I've been to has lighting that allows any kind of display check - the apple store, tekserve etc are all the same.

As I asked you in the thread you had started; are you ordering as a business or as a private individual? 10+ portable purchases in two years would certainly suggest you need to get a dedicated sales rep at a specialty reseller that understands your standards, i.e. a pro photography equipment dealer, or a graphic systems supply house. They could tell you whether your standards are reasonable, and let you check the open boxes before you pay.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
As I asked you in the thread you had started; are you ordering as a business or as a private individual? 10+ portable purchases in two years would certainly suggest you need to get a dedicated sales rep at a specialty reseller that understands your standards, i.e. a pro photography equipment dealer, or a graphic systems supply house. They could tell you whether your standards are reasonable, and let you check the open boxes before you pay.

I order as a private individual and the reason I've ordered 10+ machines in two years is because so many have had problems, not because I needed 10 machines. If they had been okay, I wouldn't have ordered so many. I think my standards are pretty reasonable: a working machines with a high quality display that is consistet in illumination, doesn't exhibit yellow tints in one area only, doesn't have terribly backlight bleeding, doesn't have an inverted LCD, doesn't exhibit light beams at the bottom etc. In other words: I expect a machine that can be used in a way that is congruent with how Apple markets this machine. That's all. Should be simple really, but apparently many people think that's too much to ask for.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
I order as a private individual and the reason I've ordered 10+ machines in two years is because so many have had problems, not because I needed 10 machines.

Okay, I'm confused: I thought you needed 10 machines because you said you kept ~10 machines.

...I've also kept probably 5-6 mbps and at least three macbooks...

If they had been okay, I wouldn't have ordered so many. I think my standards are pretty reasonable: a working machines with a high quality display that is consistet in illumination, doesn't exhibit yellow tints in one area only, doesn't have terribly backlight bleeding, doesn't have an inverted LCD, doesn't exhibit light beams at the bottom etc. In other words: I expect a machine that can be used in a way that is congruent with how Apple markets this machine. That's all. Should be simple really, but apparently many people think that's too much to ask for.

I agree. I would certainly have returned the macs you did for exactly the same reasons. I doubt anybody would disagree with that.

I do see how your account activity—as a private consumer, mind you—would be of concern to Amazon or any other consumer level retailer. How they handled your account termination however, and the denial of access to the records, was wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.