Can't wait to use iMovie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bakakage, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I'm a film major, and shooting 720p video and being able to edit it on the fly really interest me. I'll be able to test out what transitions work and such, anyone feel the same?

2. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Based upon the convenience of it and the novelty of having video recording (current 3G owner) and the capability (iMovie) I am ready to give it a whirl. I plan on replacing my laptop with a 13" MBP and think this will be a great intro to composing my own videos, allowing me to see if I'd really like to expand upon the capability of a full size machine.

3. BForstall macrumors newbie

I started editing photos on my 13\" MB (before they were called pro ;) ) and ended up with a 15\" in no time. Now I\'m lusting after a 17\"...Here Apple, take my bank account, do as you wish...lol.

My only concern is holding the phone still to avoid a shaky picture.

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

What's up with you putting a '/' before every apostrophe or quote thing? It's pretty annoying...

5. BForstall macrumors newbie

?? Might be my browser or something...my keyboard is fine but pages aren\'t loading correctly...I\'ll have to fire up Chrome

6. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

I am with you!!! I like this idea alot!! I dont really use the "editing" that they have now... i really like the imovie idea

7. Fredyt911 macrumors newbie

Lol I totally noticed it in another thread, but I didn't want to be "that" person to bring it up:p

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's a backward slash, not a forward slash.

I'm just excited to use iMovie to make a quick video to send to youtube or some friends. I probably won't use it for making rough edits as that's what iMovie for OS X is for, even Final Cut is quick and fine for making rough edits.

9. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Me too!!! This is one of the biggest reasons i want this phone too! $4.99 is cheap for it too!

10. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Me too too! I have had several occasions where I've taken video at events but couldn't upload them to YouTube because I had to edit the clips together first the way I wanted them. Having iMovie in the phone is going to be awesome and 720p is a bonus!

11. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I wish they had some sort of stabilization for the camera...While the video they showed at the keynote was great they were obviously using a really nice tripod in all the shots.

I am also hoping the 'jelly' effect is not too pronounced when you pan the camera around...but that may be asking too much of a cell phone camera.

12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I just cant wait to see how this camera performs. Obviously the pictures that Apple gave us would be under completely optimal conditions which doesn't happen very often. I remember the Evo took great pictures under the same conditions, but then it really sucks under normal conditions. So I'm not excited for iMovie until I can see that camera take some good pictures/videos.

13. donbenjy macrumors 6502

I'm actually quite excited too - I don't shoot that much video, but I think the convenience of having everything in one package, and the ability to upload to youtube directly makes it really worthwhile. Depends on the quality of the effects and transitions though.

I would love to see a demo and review before I buy it, but that won't stop me shooting HD video though :)

14. SarahLovesMac macrumors newbie

SarahLovesMac

iMovie

iMovie keep crashing on my BRAND NEW iMac desktop....Anyone else have any problems with that??

Very excited to have on my iphone....but disappointed it can'tync with iMovie on desktop.

15. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

We actually have our first family vacation in years planned at the end of July. Now I can make a corny "Hi we're on vacation" video! :D

As a videographer/editor, when I'm not at work, I've been shooting a lot on the flip for personal stuff, but I don't have the effort to transfer it onto the Mac and cut it. I really like the idea of cutting family videos on the phone!

16. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

It shouldn't be doing that especially on a brand new iMac. I would suggest calling Apple or take it down to an Apple store to have it looked at.

17. donbenjy macrumors 6502

or reinstall imovie/ilife using the supplied discs?

18. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Will it come out tomorrow with iOS4 you think?

19. Illusion86 macrumors regular

Illusion86

iMovie only works on iPhone 4. I wish it did come out tomorrow though!
    And i hope they offer in app ability to buy new templates.

20. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The only device it will work with is iPhone 4. iMovie won't be out until iPhone 4.

21. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

I'm looking forward to it. One of the reasons I got the 32gig phone was to provide more room for shot videos. And $4.99 for the app is a great price.

Steve

22. Illusion86 macrumors regular

Illusion86

Totally agree, when I saw the app at wwdc i thought it was gonna atleast be $9.99! I was surprised such an advanced app like that would be that cheap.

23. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Apple is going to make a profit by volume alone! I bet almost everybody with an iPhone 4 gets it.

24. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

When can you buy the iMovie app? I have looked for it in iTunes and cannot find it? I would like to go on and buy it before I get the phone.

25. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Why? What are you going to do with it?

PS: No one but Apple knows when you can buy it.