Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
Yah, I'm pretty excited about using iMovie. I'll be at a wedding on the 25th, so I hope I get my iPhone on the 24th. I want to use it to shoot footage at the wedding that I'll be attending and then see what I can do with iMovie with the footage from the iPhone4 :)

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
When can you buy the iMovie app? I have looked for it in iTunes and cannot find it? I would like to go on and buy it before I get the phone.

I know what you mean. I'd like to have it downloaded and ready to sync up when the iphone arrives.

I plan to have my SIM cut down. Just plug into itunes to unlock the phone, no registering or activation. No waiting for Apple servers on launch day :D

JayDude132

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
Totally agree, when I saw the app at wwdc i thought it was gonna atleast be $9.99! I was surprised such an advanced app like that would be that cheap.

when I saw the app i thought i was going to have a mess in my pants.

Anyway... Does anyone know how good this version of iMovie is going to be though? I can't imagine it being a very in-depth application being on the iPhone and only $4.99. Just maybe a few transitions and editing tools, or what? I am really excited, but at the same time im worried its going to be like a 'light' version.

If it's as good as it sounds though, it will be great for editing and sending straight to youtube and racking up some Adsense $$$! :D

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
In case you didn't know there is an existing app called Reel Director that has been out for a long time that makes movies on the iPhone and iPad. It's a universal app.

I'm not sure which has better features (iMovie or reel director) but the ability to use reel director on the iPad has been great.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
when I saw it i thought i was going to have a mess in my pants.

Anyway... Does anyone know how good this version of iMovie is going to be though? I can't imagine it being a very in-depth application. Just maybe a few transitions and editing tools, or what? I am really excited, but at the same time im worried its going to be like a 'light' version.

If it's as good as it sounds though, it will be great for editing and sending straight to youtube and racking up some Adsense $$$! :D

Like most creative stuff it'll really be up to you in editing. Video start/stop times, adding in still pictures, transitions, etc will make or break the video regardless of any program features (or lack thereof).

Illusion86

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Fort worth
when I saw the app i thought i was going to have a mess in my pants.

Anyway... Does anyone know how good this version of iMovie is going to be though? I can't imagine it being a very in-depth application being on the iPhone and only $4.99. Just maybe a few transitions and editing tools, or what? I am really excited, but at the same time im worried its going to be like a 'light' version.

I know Jaydude, I'm worried about the same thing. I hope they at least offer in app purchaseable transitions, templates, text, and etc.

Appdict

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Pennsylvania
Now, will the 720p compare to that of an entry-level Canon DSLR with HD video? Or is the 720p merely the output dimensions of said video; nonetheless I'm overly excited for my new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.