Can't walk in and buy iphone 8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redsoxfan135, Sep 22, 2017.

1. redsoxfan135 macrumors newbie

Just talked to a apple store rep in woodbridge va, and they told me that they aren't selling the iphone 8's for people who walk in nor do they know when they will start selling them. Just a heads up

2. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Lol, thank you Angela A. :rolleyes: I do think it's stupid the retail stores won't have any in stock to buy, but Angela doesn't like lines. However, if it cuts down on scalpers, not that there are any for the iPhone 8, well, goody.

4. redsoxfan135 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I thought too. I am hoping people will give their stores a call and give feedback on here because I thought that was odd.

5. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

FYI, maybe try a carrier store. Was the first one at Verizon this morning when they opened and bought a 64GB at full price.

6. redsoxfan135 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want a sim free one though. :(, plus I don't have a verizon account so they won't sell me it.

7. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

I see. Do you have any other stores in the area you could try?

8. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Sad news for that one person who probably lined up to get one.

9. redsoxfan135 thread starter macrumors newbie

Closest one is about 45 minutes away. It is my fault for waiting until launch day to decide that I want one though. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who thought about just walking in before you call.

10. uecker87 macrumors regular

Interesting. I was thinking about going to check them out later today and possibly buying an 8+ if I was more impressed in person than online, but I guess I'll hold off. I only need an upgrade due to storage (was an idiot and got a 16GB 6+).

Neither of the new iPhones really have me all that excited, but the need for a phone with adequate space is killing me, ha. Probably best that I wait and think about moving back to Android after all these years for the Pixel 2 XL (if it ends up being as good as some of the leaks show). I just don't know if I can get used to a fingerprint reader on the back - oh well.

11. geraldem macrumors regular

why would they do this? I can't imagine they sold out on the preorders? WTH, I was planning on just walking in today.

12. redsoxfan135 thread starter macrumors newbie

Coming from a note 5 and having to send my phone off twice because of purple screen burn in I was excited to come back to apple having been gone since last having the iphone 5s.

13. WSPAN1C macrumors newbie

I was planning on going to the local Apple store and picking one up since my preorder isn’t coming in until the 26th.

Anyone else had any luck with walk ins?

14. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I wasn't trying to be original. No one really lined up for this that I'm aware of but there was probably one guy somewhere hoping to walk in and get one, and he will be sad.

15. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

Maybe there wont be lines for the X after all.

16. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Walking into my Verizon store expecting that they would not have any available, however less than 20 minutes later I was out the door with the iPhone 8+.

17. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

According to iStockNow, my local Apple Store has essentially all 8 and 8+ models in stock (including SIM free). I would check their site before going to your local store (or try a carrier store).

18. geraldem macrumors regular

yeah, I saw that too, but when I go to the Apple site, they are all unavailable. Has anyone gone to store to try and pickup?

19. DJosche macrumors regular

DJosche

You can order it and get it on the 27th...its a 5 day wait.

20. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Are you sure you are looking at the right place??

upload_2017-9-22_10-25-5.png

21. comptr macrumors 68000

O they are there. in our state on CL there are scalpers who have been "selling" iPhone 8/8+s for at least a week now.

22. xsimplyjosh macrumors regular

I noticed on the apple online store, it says pick up currently unavailable. Doesn't make sense because in where i live [Perth], there was hardly any line after 11am+... only those who bought out the preorder stock had it 8-11am with the lines. I went in around 12pm+

23. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I stand corrected. I failed to look at that. Once I filter out "online" no stores near me come up.

24. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

there are people on other threads saying they didn't even line up they just walked in and bough a 8 and walked out today

25. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I picked up 64 gb gold sim free without preorder at my local Apple Store this morning--no wait (ok, maybe a 5 or 10 minute wait), no issues. They had it in silver too--not sure about space grey...