car mounts for iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sakau2007, Sep 24, 2014.

1. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

I am looking for a car mount to fit a 6+. or a car mount to flhold a 6+ with a case. i don't need the mount to charge or connect to the car radio. i just need something that can hold it/be sturdy.

anything available yet?

2. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

try looking in the iPhone>Accessories forum - there's a few threads there....

3. andy317 macrumors member

Not available yet but I'd look at the mount and case from here:

http://www.quadlockcase.com

I have the mount for my bicycle and for my car and they are brilliant. I highly recommend them :)

4. bumfluff macrumors regular

bumfluff

+1 for the Kenu+ airframe

5. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

6. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

7. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

i prefer the idea of the iMagnet over the Kenu. Has anyone used the iMagnet with a 6+?

Does it still work if the 6+ is in a case?

8. techiebug macrumors 6502a

No mount is safe.... They will eventually fall off

9. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

I have the mount and currently use it with the iPhone 5S and tomorrow I will be testing it after i pick up my iPhone 6 Plus from the UPS Hub in the morning. I currently have a case on my 5S and it still has an amazing strongly magnet to keep it firmly held on the mount. The suction mount to the dash is also great as I have had mine for a year and have never had to redo the suction to the dash.

10. joelb727 macrumors regular

11. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

I'm using the Kenu right now for my 5S. I will be getting the kenu+ for my 6+

12. iregret macrumors 6502a

This is the setup I'm going to put together.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1789244

13. PeteLP macrumors 6502

Ram Mount X-Grip Suction Mount for iPhone 6 Plus

I've used this mount for years. It's, by far the best I've seen.

- Great, powerful suction cup.
    - Ultimate flexibility in getting the perfect position and angle (2 ball sockets each with freedom of movement in all directions, both secured by a single large wing nut, and unaffected when inserting or removing the phone)
    - Quickest in and out with the X-Grip, which holds very securely

[​IMG]

14. milhouse994, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

milhouse994 macrumors regular

Friend of mine recommended ProClip (http://www.proclipusa.com/). I'm planning to get one when I get my 6+.

They're pretty standard phone holders, but one nice thing is that they have custom mounts for lots of different car models and they fit without any need for drilling/screwing/glueing to the dash, they just use tension and the gaps between the dash panels. You you then select the type of holder (with or without lightening connecter etc) and screw that to the mount and you're good to go.

EDIT: I might have been mistaken about not needing to glue the mount. Apparently some do use adhesive, but they claim it comes off and doesn't damage the dash.

15. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

The best mount system in from ProClip, I have been using this since my iPhone 4 and it works great. There model for the 6/6+ is due out soon.

http://www.proclipusa.com

----------

You beat me to it, the proclip is great, can not recommend highly enough.

16. Udh20skier macrumors member

Kenu i dont see working for my jeep. Offroading and having the plus mounted on the air vent would not last.

17. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

I use the Mountek 2 magnetic mount in one of my cars. It uses the CD slot and doesn't obstruct the navigation or other controls. I'm not a fan of suction cup mounts on the windshield so this works pretty well for me.

[​IMG]

18. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I don't trust suction cups and magnets. If you want one that's not going to pop out, check out ProClip USA. They have mounts that are custom for your vehicle specifically. Not as small or easy to remove as some other solutions, but solid.

19. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Yes, I have the KENU Airmount and would agree with you it that it wouldn't be a good option if you're off-roading.However it is a great option for normal city/freeway driving and does well over some rough construction zones but I wouldn't want to push it offroad

The other perk with the KENU is that it's small enough to carry around in a jacket pocket and can be used as a stand.

20. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

21. channelinspire macrumors member

channelinspire

Same here. I use it for my wife's iPhone 4s, my iPhone 5 in a bookbook wallet. Now the iPhone 6 plus fits in it.