Carrying iPad on a wet day?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
What does everybody here use to carry the iPad on a wet day? Is a leather case enough or do you take a plastic bag?

I'm finding it difficult to find a decent day with sunshine to use it outside.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I carry mine ina messenger bag with other stuff, regardless of whether the day is rainy or not.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I use a Targus Vuscape case, and as the poster above, an XL city messenger bag which also carts my MBA, MBA, magsafes etc. etc. Never had an issue with water getting in, and I live in Wales in the UK....It always rains!

augustya

macrumors 68030
Feb 17, 2012
Well saying "Wet Day" reminds me of a phenomenon generally the other gender has :eek: (I am a Male :D )

I dont carry it at all on a rainy day simple !

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I havemine in a leather folio whick I put in my backpack however theipad isn't protected that well (the ports) so then I put it in a plastic bag - just in case.

I wouldn't use it outdoors in the rain though

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
What does everybody here use to carry the iPad on a wet day? Is a leather case enough or do you take a plastic bag?
Leather case works for me but I don't carry mine while on foot in heavy downpours. It's enough just to keep the iPad dry when going between the car and whereever I am or am going to. If you need serious protection then get suitable carrying gear for it whether it's a waterproof sleeve/case or a waterproof bag for your stuff that you can toss it into. There are plenty of options out there and it's up to you to determine which is best suited to you.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
i just stuff it up the front of my shirt ;)

i have a sleeve that came with my laptop that i dont use. I just put it in that when it rains. (central TX, doesnt happen too often)

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I use a gallon size, ziploc freezer or storage bag and put it in my messenger bag when it rains. It's always worked well and is an inexpensive solution.