Carrying iPad on a wet day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gadget123, Aug 6, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

What does everybody here use to carry the iPad on a wet day? Is a leather case enough or do you take a plastic bag?

I'm finding it difficult to find a decent day with sunshine to use it outside.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I carry mine ina messenger bag with other stuff, regardless of whether the day is rainy or not.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I use a Targus Vuscape case, and as the poster above, an XL city messenger bag which also carts my MBA, MBA, magsafes etc. etc. Never had an issue with water getting in, and I live in Wales in the UK....It always rains!

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

5. 725032 Guest

i call a cab and stay dry... rocket science!!!

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

What is a "wet day"?

Haven't seen that stuff that we used to call rain since I don't know when. :(

7. erpetao macrumors regular

8. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Well saying "Wet Day" reminds me of a phenomenon generally the other gender has :eek: (I am a Male :D )

I dont carry it at all on a rainy day simple !

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I put my iPad in the sleeve and in the messenger bag. Here in the southern California not getting much rain.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I havemine in a leather folio whick I put in my backpack however theipad isn't protected that well (the ports) so then I put it in a plastic bag - just in case.

I wouldn't use it outdoors in the rain though

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Leather case works for me but I don't carry mine while on foot in heavy downpours. It's enough just to keep the iPad dry when going between the car and whereever I am or am going to. If you need serious protection then get suitable carrying gear for it whether it's a waterproof sleeve/case or a waterproof bag for your stuff that you can toss it into. There are plenty of options out there and it's up to you to determine which is best suited to you.

12. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i just stuff it up the front of my shirt ;)

i have a sleeve that came with my laptop that i dont use. I just put it in that when it rains. (central TX, doesnt happen too often) [​IMG]

13. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I use a gallon size, ziploc freezer or storage bag and put it in my messenger bag when it rains. It's always worked well and is an inexpensive solution.

14. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

thanks for contributing so much! :rolleyes:
    obviously you understand what a "wet day" infers, seeing how you said "we used to call it rain"

15. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Yes and yes. I have used this while coaching little league baseball using gamechanger - nothing beats its ability to keep the electronics safe whilst being 'disposable'.