Case for Cinder?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nms71, Oct 9, 2015.

1. nms71 macrumors newbie

nms71

Hi,

I just purchased the Cinder screen protector for my 6s. Just trying to see what cases work with it? Thanks

2. iPhoneInAR macrumors newbie

I've been referred to their FB page, but I cannot seem to find the info.

3. nms71 thread starter macrumors newbie

nms71

4. iPhoneInAR macrumors newbie

I've got a Body Glove case on mine and it works with Cinder just fine (6Plus), but the things I dislike about it are the volume buttons are exposed, as is the power button and charging port. I prefer the low profile/slimness of this case, but I wish it had covers for volume, power, and charging port (I did buy port covers off Amazon, so that's ok, but would still prefer threat stuff built in the case). So, lack of a cover for the charging port in a different case isn't a deal-breaker by any means.
    Thank you for the link! I'll check it out.

5. Kisey macrumors 6502a

If you want a slim case with integrated port covers that is compatible with CINDER, check out the Ringke Fusion or Switcheasy Numbers.

6. MrBlackHP macrumors newbie

MrBlackHP

I have the Magpul Field Case on my 6s plus with no issues. I love the look and feel of this case.

7. iPhoneInAR macrumors newbie

Thank you very much. Definitely going to check them out.

8. Nextmall James macrumors newbie

Nextmall James

9. chochoice macrumors member

chochoice

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

Who can think about a case when Cinder has failed to deliver the protector to backers. Been waiting since May 9.

11. Nextmall James macrumors newbie

Nextmall James

Nope... I used several weeks and the material is still like new ones.

12. iPhoneInAR macrumors newbie

I finally took delivery of the Switcheasy Numbers. It's so close to what I want. The lip is only about a couple of hairs taller (would've preferred it to be tall enough if it falls face down that it'll protect my Cinder). It's barely noticeable; however, everything else about it is what I wanted, so thank you very much for your help. I got the frost one. Now to see how well it holds up from dirt and yellowing. Very happy with my $12 purchase.

13. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I had the frost one, and unfortunately, it won't stay its original color for a long time. After about 6 months of use, I ended up getting and settled with black. It looks like they did away with the port covers on the newer version. I hope they bring them back for future generations of the iPhone. It's my go-to case. Glad your happy with your purchase!

14. iPhoneInAR macrumors newbie

Yes, they have redesigned it; however, when using the link you originally provided, I was able to order the old version with the port covers. I am so bummed out about it not lasting. That's what I was afraid of since it is frost/clear. At least it's only $12, so it's not a bad loss at all. I'll enjoy it while it lasts :)

15. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

$40!? These can be had on ebay for $2.95.

16. ValO macrumors 65816

Did you order it online at cupert.com and got it already?
    I am thinking about ordering it at cupert, but i am a bit hesitant because of their bad track record for delivering to their backers.

17. paulwooan macrumors member

paulwooan

I ordered on the 16th. It said shipping latest by November 18th. So I waited to find out that date changed to the 19th. Now its even further delayed to the 23rd.

Also what's really ****ed up is that if you post on Cuperts facebook or twitter it won't show up on their page. They only let select posts through

18. kingston73 macrumors 6502

Just an FYI, the Eclipse is the version of Cinder that fits more cases, just as nice IMO and also half the price.

19. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I totally agree--I just reviewed it, and was very impressed:

Kristin

20. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

I have installed many of glass protectors over the years and the Cinder is the worst POS I have ever seen.
    I've never seen a glass protector with so many bubbles that were virtually impossible to remove.
    (Maybe I received a defective unit?)
    Plus the Cinder customer service matches their product - Complete Garbage.

Once they have your money you will never hear from them again.
    Just a heads for anyone thinking about purchasing the Cinder.

21. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Maybe you did indeed receive a defective unit. As a reviewer, I've installed a lot of glass screen protectors--curved, non-curved edge to edge, and case friendly--and honestly, the Cinder goes on very easily. Their adhesive is great, and bubbling is exceedingly minimal and disappears quickly. As far as their customer service is concerned, I really can't speak to that as I've gotten all my Cinders as review samples.

22. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Yea, this thing was a mess. I've installed 40 plus glass protectors over the years and never seen anything like the Cinder. I worked with this for over an hour and no matter how hard I tried I could not remove the bubbles. After reapplying it 2-3 times it final just snapped in half.
    Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

23. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Wow. That is hideous. I assume that you made sure your phone was very clean prior to installation? Did you send the picture to Cupert, and if so, what was their response?

Kristin

24. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Yes, the phone was absolutely 100% clean. I've been installing glass protectors for many or years and only settle for complete perfection. I sent the pictures to Cupert, emailed them, filled out their claim form and have received Zero Response from them. $48.00 down the drain. Plus the protector snaps easier then a thin potato chip. Gorilla Glass, I don't think so.

25. kingston73 macrumors 6502

I can't speak to their customer service but I can say that when I first installed my cinder it looked pretty bad. I took it off, washed with with soap like their site instructions and when it had dried I reinstalled it and it looked great so maybe your's was defective. That's unfortunate about their customer service though...