Case for iPhone 6+ and 6S+ Same?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sam5281, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam5281 macrumors regular

Hey whats up guys!

Can't wait to get my new 6S+!
    Making an upgrade from my 5S 16gb to the 128gb 6S+! Big jump and really excited for it capabilities.

Want to get my screen protector / case right off the bat before phone arrives.

Have been using ZAGG for front glass protector / and apple leather case on my iPhone 5S.

Also really love INCASE stuff.

Is the case for the iPhone 6+ same for 6S+?

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I bought a Spigen case that said it was for the 6s Plus and it fits my 6 Plus like a charm.
    No issues there.

3. Sam5281 thread starter macrumors regular

Been reading a bunch of threads - seems the 6S+ is going to slimmer.

May go again with the Apple Leather designed for the 6S+ specific specs :)

So excited for this phone!!!

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Where did you here that ? It's not going to be slimmer. It's actually thicker although not by much. It's 1mm wider and taller as well as 2mm thicker. iPhone 6S specific cases will fit the 6 as the latter is slightly thinner but don't count on the 6S fitting in the old 6 cases for sure. Some may but others may not. The ones which are most likely to are the flexible TPU based cases.

5. Sam5281 thread starter macrumors regular

Read on a Forbes.com article - but am sure you guys here on Macrumors know more.

Am gonna keep it simple and get the Apple 6S+ Leather case. Seems to already be available which is weird?

6. Downs2011 macrumors regular

Sorry but 2mm would actually be a huge difference, it's .2mm thicker and .1mm taller ;)

7. Downs2011 macrumors regular

It's normal for the cases to arrive before the phones. Some sites are already selling one case that fits both 6/6s plus phones so i don't think there will be any issues. Vajacases.com only sells one case per model and I emailed them and they confirmed there cases will fit both phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.