Case mate naked case update

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hardcoredan52, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

2. iPhanatic macrumors member

Ordered 2 but may cancel for the Vaja ivolution SP. Can't decided between the hard cases or leather.

3. Sandock macrumors member

I was going to order this as well, but decided on the Vaja ivolution SP too.

I've been constantly checking their site to see if the 3-4 week shipping dates would change, hoping to know when it would be finally available. The only change that I noticed now is the new video they put up which was quite different from the one they previously had. No definite ship date yet. Maybe they would be released at the same time as the IvySkin Xylo T3 version, which according to their site, is pegged on July 28.

4. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

i don't know about you guys, but I'm bothered by the design on the front of the case. That black thing around the iphone? It looks like it's a rubber, even if it's not, i do not like it at all. I prefer the clean look on Gear4 Icebox.;)

5. BlueCynicalMoon macrumors newbie

I ordered the Naked Case, the XyloT3, and I am debating whether to get Vaja ivolution or the ivolution SP. I was going to order Macally IceCase. Macally's CS told me it would be available the friday that has just passed. It is still listed as Coming Soon. Does anyone have any thoughts on ivolution vs. the ivolution SP?

6. automatickyle macrumors regular

I am all for the iVolution. I can't stand that flap. To me it would make more sense for an iPod touch, but for a phone that I am constantly using the screen for just seems it would become a pain. I had one for the old iPhone and was pretty impressed. You do have to clean it every couple of days on the inside because dust and dirt will get in there.

7. SimplyBlue macrumors member

I emailed customer support and they said 3-4 weeks as they won't be fully stocked for another 3 weeks. I really don't want to wait 3 weeks for a case and decided to cancel the order and get a iSkin Revo2 instead.

8. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Is there enough room in the Case-Mate case to sneak a gelaskin on the back and still have it fit in the case? My wife and I BOTH have black iPhones and want the same Case-Mate case, but obviously want something on them to make them look different and were thinking the Gelaskins would be nice!

9. HouseofG macrumors member

Heh...go check out our issues in the Revo2 thread though. We have no real concept of when ours are shipping either. Site says 3-5 business days, but confirmations are few and far between.

Those Gelaskins are extremely cool. Love the original art and their partnership with artists around the world.

10. SimplyBlue macrumors member

Thought the CS rep posted yesterday that they are about to start shipping -

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5927389&postcount=57

11. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

Is this any different from the ivyskin Xylo T3? If so, which is better?

12. SimplyBlue macrumors member

13. HouseofG macrumors member

14. SimplyBlue macrumors member

I suppose I like my chances better with them since they are giving a 3-5 day ship date when I called them as opposed to 3 weeks for Case-mate.

15. HouseofG macrumors member

Can't argue with that one. Just wanted you to know that you were jumping into another line. ;)

16. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

Per an e-mail with an ivyskin rep, they don't plan to get the Xylo T3 back in stock until mid SEPTEMBER :mad:

17. Xiph0s macrumors regular

This is what I got...

IvySkin Support Team <support@ivyskin.com>
    Subject: Re: Xylo T3 Inquiry
    Date: July 30, 2008 05:48:46 AM PDT
    To: Marc Martin <------------>

Dear Marc:
    Xylo T3 and Xylo duo 3G release date has been pushed back to August 1- 8,
    2008 according to ETA and every order ships based on the class of mail
    chosen and the date received, Please let us know if you prefer to wait or
    cancel your order, Thanks for your interests on our products.

Best Regards
    Tom
    Ivyskin

18. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

:confused: This is what I got...

Dear Ryan:
    Our records indicates Order ID# 855274878891573 has been cancelled and refunded in the amount of $40.94 on July 25, 2008, please note if you decide to reorder again all of our current Xylo T3 ETA are sold out and the next shipment will be September 15-20, 2008, thanks for your interests on our products.

Best Regards
    Tom
    Ivyskin

19. rdstoll macrumors 6502

I ordered the Case Mate Naked 3g iPhone case about a week after the phone's launch and just got an email this morning saying it has shipped. Guess they are finally being sent out!

20. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

I ordered my case mate naked case about 2.5 weeks ago...I should get it this week.

21. Hardcoredan52 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep just got the email too... looking forward to see it. My Fommy case should be shipping soon too... Comparison anyone...

22. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

I got the frommy case...and it is good...but you can see some bubbling under the screen. I believe the casemate naked case will have better build quality.

23. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I saw one of these on an iPhone today... do not want.

24. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Nobody has a casemate nake case yet...they just started shipping yesterday. Nobody has a tracking number yet.

25. i0Nic macrumors 65816

It was something very similar then.