Case or Sleeve For 11 Inch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by harleymhs, Oct 29, 2010.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

2. andyd409 macrumors member

It's a little pricey, but I bought the sleeve from sfbags.com.

Looks like a quality sleeve.

Andy

3. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

4. w00tini macrumors 6502a

i have that same slip case from my Rev A MacBook Air back in 2008. i've been using it on my MacBook Pro 13 for a year now. its really nice.

5. sarah11918 macrumors member

I bought this in September for my entourage edge e-reader, but it fits my 11.6" air perfectly. I like that it's semi-hard sided, and it's padded on the inside. This is the same line of case we use for our portable external back up drives. It adds bulk, but I feel like it's enough protection.

Unfortunately at the time I ordered, they only had hot pink or baby blue, but it looks like more colours are in stock now.

Case Logic 11.6 Netbook Molded case:
    http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-QN...AX5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288525409&sr=8-1

6. ckorhonen macrumors member

ckorhonen

I went with a Foofbag - http://foofshop.com/ - very nice looking and relatively inexpensive.

I got one for my iPad earlier in the year and I have been very impressed. Perfect way to protect your device from scratches when you have it in a bag or something.

7. gustav531 macrumors member

Thanks for the tip! Ordered a foofbag aswell.

8. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Are there any leather cases available? I've been searching online and haven't found anything for the 11" yet. I would love something that covers the outside in leather and makes the MBA look like a black leather journal.

9. nrweaver macrumors member

10. ccolaco macrumors 6502

I think you just read my mind.

11. Caem macrumors newbie

Caem

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases: Apple MacBook Air-Executive Sleeve

I emailed asking if they would release a 11.6" version, I love the brown version.

12. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

13. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

14. ccolaco macrumors 6502

15. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Yeah I was looking at their leatherskin, and they had said there are no plans on producing a 11" version at this time.

16. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

I love that Muzetto bag they have. I just wish they offered it in a horizontal orientation instead of vertical.

17. coelacanth macrumors 6502

18. potentpotable macrumors regular

potentpotable

I'm not sure if many know about the Suede Sleeve from SFBags - I only noticed after looking at the site for maybe the third time, because I was focused on the Sleeve Case.

The Suede Sleeve is probably the best deal out there - it's $25 and machine washable! Shipping is only $2 for Americans (I got a family friend to order and snail mail to me across the border).

I reaaaally wanted a Foofbag because, like someone said somewhere, "you want to crawl into it and sleep", so it must be really soft for my baby Air. But ultimately, since it's a 2.3lb Air, might as well go for the slimmest sleeve!

19. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

Those sfbags look very elegant. Their prices also made me feel better about a bag I bought from Marware, the "Sportfolio Deluxe™ for Macbook Air". I paid $79.99 for it. Amazon had a similar Marware bag for about $60 but it was not expressly designed for the MBA. The photos in the linked site make the Marware MBA bag look pretty slick.

The Marware MBA bag intrigued me because it is a smaller, lighter version of a Brenthaven bag I bought for my old Powerbook G4 8 years ago. I still use it with my 17 inch MBP. If my Marware bag for the MBA turns out to be even close to being as satisfactory as the Brenthaven bag has been, it will have been well worth what I am paying for it. It shipped today, so with a little luck I will have it by Friday.

20. gloryunited macrumors 6502

that Suede Sleeve looks nice, simple but nice. Though shipping internationally is pretty pricy, the cheapest option being $25, same as the price of the sleeve!

21. admanimal macrumors 68040

I have a suede sleeve for my iPad, and it is very nice but will only protect from scratches and not drops or other impacts.

22. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

I ordered the suede bag, and it looks very nice. I think the neoprene ones go a little overboard, especially if in a small rucksack, etc.

23. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

The Marware bag looks nice. They make some quality products, so hopefully you'll be pleased with your purchase. Coincidentally, I also used to have a similar Brenthaven bag some time ago. That thing was almost indestructible.

One thing I like about sfbags sleeve case is that you can also get a piggyback for it. It is a smallish bag that attaches to the sleeve and is perfect for power supply and such. Since I tend to travel, I found out that I can remove the sleeve case from its shoulder strap and use the piggyback with the strap as a light bag for my camera and other nicknacks. Pretty convenient.

24. potentpotable macrumors regular

potentpotable

Wait...you mean you don't walk around with the Air cradled in your arms? :eek: