Case Recommendations for iPhone 3Gs

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
So im about to buy a iPhone 3Gs and i want to know which case i should get. I was interested in getting a Mophie case that has a battery charger. Its a little to thick for my taste and there have also been Cellular reception problems for it. Anyone know an equivalent to it thats less bulky or should i just get a regular casing. Thx:rolleyes:

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I would go for a normal case and then get a battery backup that isn't in a case form or anything. Check out Speck's CandyShell cases and look at something like the Richard Solo battery pack if you feel like you'll need the extra power.

darnovo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
get the black rubbery incase slider case... it is by far the best case on any phone i have EVER used.

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
get the black rubbery incase slider case... it is by far the best case on any phone i have EVER used.
I heard many problems of the plastic end pieces breaking off; one guy had one and got a crumb inside of the case and it scratched it all to hell. :eek:

Smtevo

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Ive had 3 cases and so far I find that the iSkin solo is the best case by far. Rubber that does not get stuck going in and out of your pants and see-through. Feels great in your hands too.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Problem is, these cases are for the iPhone 2g's; and it would also take a while to get to the last page :rolleyes:
Or you can start at the last page and go back, that way you'll see the most recent recommendations. :rolleyes: And this is still the wrong forum for this thread.

I heard many problems of the plastic end pieces breaking off; one guy had one and got a crumb inside of the case and it scratched it all to hell. :eek:
Any case will scratch your iPhone if you get a crumb inside it, you should always clean ANY case before putting it on.

My favorite cases are the Incase Slider and the Incipio feather.

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Ive had 3 cases and so far I find that the iSkin solo is the best case by far. Rubber that does not get stuck going in and out of your pants and see-through. Feels great in your hands too.
It looks cool, not so much into the other patterns though. Is it bulky though?

Kenzembo1

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Youngstown, OH
I can't speak for the Morphie case, but I have 3 cases that I use pretty regularly, they include:

- Incipio Feather (Black)
- Incase Slider (Gunmetal)
- iFrogz Luxe (Blue)

Love them all but would definitely recommend the feather...best bang for your buck! :apple:

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
I can't speak for the Morphie case, but I have 3 cases that I use pretty regularly, they include:

- Incipio Feather (Black)
- Incase Slider (Gunmetal)
- iFrogz Luxe (Blue)

Love them all but would definitely recommend the feather...best bang for your buck! :apple:
It looks good thx. I wish they would make a hard outershell and the inside rubber