Casephobia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sinfire, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Sinfire macrumors regular

For everyone that is complaining about their phone's signal issue.... Why don't you just buy a case for it ( not a bumper, but a proper case) ?

Look at it this way.

1 - The iPhone is fragile, one accidental drop on a hard surface is going to cause some damage.

2 - A case will solve your signal issues, so you can hold it anyway you want and not have to worry about anything.

A $30 investment for a $600 phone is a pretty good deal, and guaranteed that the day you drop your phone without a case and the screen cracks, you are going to be wishing you had purchased that case in the beginning.

2. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Too true, I know I would be kicking myself if I hadnt protected my iphone 4 (which has to last me 18 months).

But I have a problem with cases, tiny bits of dirt that get trapped between the case and iphone will damage it from friction,, even pocket dust.

3. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

Tried the bumper -- it keep saying "slide to power off" -- I assume it was pressing against the top button.

Tried the Belkin clear case. It had the opposite effect. It would not let me press the top button.

I am not anti-case. Just anti-non-functioning-case.

The search continues...

4. oldschooldude macrumors regular

Which Belkin case did you try on your iP4?

5. kaizer85 macrumors member

kaizer85

Griffin Reveal - best case right now clear plastic back which should protect the back hell im loving mines!

6. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Apparently that messes up your flash and traps dirt like no
    tomorow?

7. kaizer85 macrumors member

kaizer85

no issues for me, any case will have lint or dirt. hell on my otterbox impact for my 3gs had dirt but twice a week i clean it.

8. Stay Tuned macrumors member

So should people just overlook the statements made by apples CEO touting both the strength of the glass used, and the new improved antenna design?

If they wouldn't have made such a big deal about them publicly, I think more people would be apt to dismiss it, but they made a big deal promoting both of those items, and now people expect them to live up to their claims.

9. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Yeah I know, I'm gueisng peoppe just make out it's worse on that case as you can actually see it.
    Have you tried taking a picture/recording a movie with flash on yet?

10. kaizer85 macrumors member

kaizer85

did a vlog, took pics with no trouble.

its a good case.

hopefully later this week im planning to get a clear coat screen protector for my iphone and then possibly use a black bumper

11. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

May look into it a bit more then, I should really learn to not listen to all the negative stuff people say about everything here :p

I was thinking about bumper+clear coat combo, but I don't see it saving the phone in a fall.

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have a Speck Candyshell and a Bumper. My favorite cases so far.

13. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Mine is going back. That case still allows dirt in it and it slightly scratched the back of my phone. Very small scratch mind you. I'm going naked. Cases are ugly and so are the screen protectors that look like a ghetto tint job.

14. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I bought the belkin case and although I can power it off, there is very little tactile feedback when pressing the sleep button or when pressing the volume buttons. The belkin I have for my iPad and the belkin I had for my 3GS are(were) brilliant, very responsive when pressing the buttons

I've ordered a bumper, mainly because it has the buttons that go thru the case for volume. If I don't like it, it's going back to apple.

And I agree that everyone should quit whining about the need for a case. It will more than pay for itself when you go to resell your phone and with the glass front and back, there are bound to be accidents that will ruin your phone.

15. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

It was the Grip Vue.

16. USMCSSGT macrumors member

USMCSSGT

I second that case! IMO, it's the best case available today.

17. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal