Cat born with Two Tongues

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
What I could do with two tongues...;)

Lick two ice cream cones at once....get your minds out of the gutter...

Hickman

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....I just watched the slideshow at that link - the TV station can't spell tongue either - one of the pics has the caption "2-tounged cat" ....oh yeah!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says....I just watched the slideshow at that link - the TV station can't spell tongue either - one of the pics has the caption "2-tounged cat" ....oh yeah!
i just noticed that myself :eek:

darn Camino not having a spellchecker!

Duff-Man

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-man says...I think "tongue" must be one of the most frequently incorrectly spelled words...it's like people know there is a "u" in there somewhere but think - I don't pronounce it "tung-yoo" or "tun-gwoo" so it can't be after the "g" hehehe.....oh yeah!

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Irony... with a name like that, it just had to be...

"Five Toes"-- that's just asking for it. But the cat is happy and healthy, what more do you want?

watcher2001

macrumors 6502a
Not sure if anyone else watches it but on the comedy central show "Mind of Mencia" he has a section called "Why the F%$* is this news" I can see him showcasing this story.

If this were a genetically altered cat (by man I mean) I could see this as news, but as it stands this cat is just a freak of nature... Not really newsworthy IMHO.
I really found interesting the article below this one in the most popular stories section entitled
"Teacher Accused Of Oral Sex On Her 9-Year-Old Student"

Or this one..
"Police: 'Toilet' Cam Allegedly Used To Watch Employee"
It just goes to show what a f'ed up world we live in.

OK, I am off my soap box now..

L

Lau

MongoTheGeek said:
Freakier in my book. 2 heads smacks of failed siamese (no pun intended) twins.
Couldn't a cat with two heads be caused by siamese twins? Or is that something else?

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Lau said:
Couldn't a cat with two heads be caused by siamese twins? Or is that something else?
Thats what I was trying to say. A 2 headed cat is likely to be a variation on siamese twinning.

The multiple tongues/extra toes is a sign of a genetic aberration. Although the 6 legged toads were due to a parasitic infection and were of a more mechanical nature.