Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
for those with 12.9” pros and screen issues, what exactly do you do to replicate the issue?

I put on a skinomi one and I feel like there’s an issue, but it seems to only occur in youtube and twitter so those might just be badly coded apps as well.

derdante

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Can also vouch for the AmFilm. Had to import from the US but it was worth it. Feels exactly like it does without the protector on. In hindsight i should have just gotten it earlier since the matte plastic protector I used before was so much less responsive.

Reactions: ItWasAllADream

debroei

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Can also vouch for the AmFilm. Had to import from the US but it was worth it. Feels exactly like it does without the protector on. In hindsight i should have just gotten it earlier since the matte plastic protector I used before was so much less responsive.

Is it a fingerprint magnet just like the Medadevil?
It works fine but it’s madness to keep,it clean.

Any one can tell me if the Jettech 3rd gen might be a better option?
In awe of fingerprinting ...?

Pepe4life

Suspended
Nov 15, 2018
For those who are considering amfilm, many recent reviews on amazon US still show touch sensitivity issues.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
For those who are considering amfilm, many recent reviews on amazon US still show touch sensitivity issues.
It has them still (but not horrible,) it’s the best one I’ve used so far... but it is anoyying this is even happening, I’ve had no glitches for like the first 2-weeks then it started acting odd. So, I don’t know if it’s hardware or software. :/

Kallum.

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
Just wanted to point out that since October I’ve been having touchscreen issues. Before I even turned on my iPad I put a screen protector. I decided recently out of frustration to take it off completely because no screen protector worked for me. Turns out it was indeed hardware failure and the issue occurred even without any screen protector. Exchanged the iPad at the apple store and used the media devil. Two weeks in and 100% working. Not 99%. 100%.

debroei

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Media devil works for 100% but compared to my phone (with glass protector) the surface does not feel as smooth as glass. And it’s just a fingerprint magnet.
Have not tried this one without a protector, my first iPad had no problems without the protector.
(Returned my forst iPad because of the housing, seems Some tape was letting loose inside of me iPad).
Any one tried the 3rd generation Jettech glass protector?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC

Interesting. I’ve had amFilm on my iPad since January and have had no touch issues whatsoever. This is such a puzzling issue with these devices.
[doublepost=1553459484][/doublepost]
Not in my case at all. AM is 100x better than the bare screen when it comes to fingerprints

Same here. The bare screen is horrible with fingerprints. The amFilm is so much better when it comes to that.

Reactions: teerexx52

LoveMyMacPro

Suspended
Aug 22, 2015
Very informative thread! It seemed like was hijacked by MediaDevil and became a promo/CS thread for them for for awhile but still very informative.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
So I’ve been testing and trying to figure it why the ouch sensitivity has been not 100%. I have come to 2 1/2nconclusions...
After restoring my iPad Pro everything works 110%, no issues at all... but as time goes on it can get wonky again, leading to my first conclusion:
1.) It is software related, each time I’ve restored and when I first installed the glass before setting up my iPad it worked without an issue... but as time went on it would start to drop from 110% to 99%.

2.) It’s maybe the Hardware. It almost seems to get worse when I leave my iPad alone with the smart folio on for a day or two then after I open it up it starts having the occasional issues (maybe the magnets cause an issue somehow.)
2.5.) The thinness might be an issue since there is such little room for the touch display to have been installed perfectly at the start... again, since it’s so thin. That also might help explain why my fingers have issues with the touchscreen but the Apple Pencil does not.

Maybe I’m crazy and have no idea what I’m talking about, all I know is my AMFilm glass worked perfect when I first set it up, but then it had issues a while after use... (but after restoring via iTunes,) it works perfectly (like the good old super iPad sensitivity i’m used to.)

Kallum.

Swood13

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2019
I’ve been doing a little research lately. Thinking about buying the pro 11”. Sparin just upgraded their tempered glass protector from .33mm thickness to .24mm. If this is a sensitivity issue would this help at all? The reviews on Amazon seem to be positive. Just be sure to look at the new protector vs the old one. It’ll describe the new thickness in the descriptions portion

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
Anyone on here wanting to test if they have screen protector touch issues, should lay there iPad on its back, screen up on the carpet, or a rug. Then try to use the device while only touching the screen with one finger. If it has any issues at all, then the screen protector is affecting the touch sensitivity. To fix this while it is in this type of position for future reference; You can just barely touch your finger on the camera cutout, or the metal bezel anywhere. And touch response will be perfect again, but you must hold your finger on the bezel lol to have perfect touch response.

This is why problems do not happen when your holding the iPad. Because you are touching the bezel constantly.

It is hit or miss with screen protectors. I installed (2) identical screen protectors on a 512GB 11”, and my 1TB 11” iPad Pro. Mine has had zero problems, but my brothers iPad was having those funny easily repeated screen protector issues.

I’ve explained it to him, I’ve personally tested the iPad for over a week to confirm it has no touch bug, beyond this screen protector. And he’s just gonna leave the screen protector on there.

Last edited:

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
AM film touch screen is fine
Only very few
Witch brand is this on the picture?
AM or Jettech?

AM
I continue to use this evening.
My disappointment comes from 10.5 tempered glass protector, felt solid like glass with no bubble/mist effects which am has though granted improves when iPad is in use.
I reiterate AM seems to be auto catching dust from indoors air.
I'll find time to review other suggestions and if I need to pay extra so be it.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Slightly off topic
Missed recent 50gb mobile data 11" smart keyboard@139 Uk pounds.
Since seen this latest offer use 30gb data 11" Smart Keyboard 80 Uk pounds.
Let's hope it's re stocked soon.
And I'll 36gb data to spend on nice accessories

Attachments

• 4EDD70BE-DC50-4ADC-92F7-6A358A2B210B.png
    4EDD70BE-DC50-4ADC-92F7-6A358A2B210B.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Confused as th
Slightly off topic
Missed recent 50gb mobile data 11" smart keyboard@139 Uk pounds.
Since seen this latest offer use 30gb data 11" Smart Keyboard 80 Uk pounds.
Let's hope it's re stocked soon.
And I'll 36gb data to spend on nice accessories
That comment is not just off topic, but like way, way left field. lol (no worries, I’m just razzing you.) ;)

Kallum.

Reactions: Donfor39

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ok - want to hear something weird that makes no sense? Saw on a reddit thread yesterday where someone updated to iOS 12.2 and the touch issues went away with their 11" Pro + glass protector. I did the same last night and was shocked that it's working much better for me now as well.

I tested by resting it on my bed atop my comforter which should make it start "glitching" unless I have a finger on the metal frame on the side of the iPad. Scrolled, tapped, gestures, no issues.

Propped it up on the bathroom counter (usually triggers the same problem) - same thing, seems to work fine. I'm not sure how an OS update could've fixed it, I assumed it was wonkiness between the glass thickness and maybe all the extra magnets on the new Pros. Glad it's working much better now though :)

Reddit thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/b5fi92/ios_122_seems_to_have_improved_the_touch/

Reactions: Kal-037

MacAtYou

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2018
Ok - want to hear something weird that makes no sense? Saw on a reddit thread yesterday where someone updated to iOS 12.2 and the touch issues went away with their 11" Pro + glass protector. I did the same last night and was shocked that it's working much better for me now as well.

I tested by resting it on my bed atop my comforter which should make it start "glitching" unless I have a finger on the metal frame on the side of the iPad. Scrolled, tapped, gestures, no issues.

Propped it up on the bathroom counter (usually triggers the same problem) - same thing, seems to work fine. I'm not sure how an OS update could've fixed it, I assumed it was wonkiness between the glass thickness and maybe all the extra magnets on the new Pros. Glad it's working much better now though :)

Reddit thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/b5fi92/ios_122_seems_to_have_improved_the_touch/

I’ve always felt it’s been a software issue as it’s always worked fine if plugged in via usb c. I said this ages ago. It may have related to the way the iPad is reducing its power consumption while running on its battery.

Give it time to fully test, but so far 12.2 working fine for me too.

Reactions: Kal-037 and tekchic

Pepe4life

Suspended
Nov 15, 2018
I’ve seen some reports on Chinese forums where people are saying 12.2 resolves the issue, can anyone with 12.2 and tempered glass protector chime in on this?

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Updated to newest iOS 12.2... I can absolutely confirm it fixed whatever was causing the new iPPs to act wonky.
I was at 98-99% efficiency, now it’s 110%. Like it’s crazy how much nicer it is. I don’t worry about autocorrect or misspelling words now. It’s so freaking awesome I have full sensitivity of the iPad Pro 3. :D
:)
Nice job Apple... wish this happened loooooong ago, but i’ll take it now instead of never.

Last edited:
Reactions: tekchic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.