Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
LOL! :D This case just saved me $70! I was just about to order yet another ProClip device holder for the phone. I have a few of them in my drawer from other phones so I started trying the iPhone/Caze combo with my old holders. The iPhone 4 with the Caze case fits absolutely 100% perfect into the Proclip holder I had used on a previous Blackberry Bold 9000. Like it was custom made for it. I have a few other cases and none of them fit any of the holders. So instead of this case costing me $20 it paid me $50!

atomicbatteries

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
I got this case on Tuesday. It is already scratched in multiple places and that's mostly in and out of my pocket. This thing scratches if you look atbit the wrong way!

It's a cheap piece of junk.

I'm totally unsatisfied and have told the company and Paypal. Also did not receive "free gifts" and stand I was supposed to get.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I got this case on Tuesday. It is already scratched in multiple places and that's mostly in and out of my pocket. This thing scratches if you look atbit the wrong way!

It's a cheap piece of junk.

I'm totally unsatisfied and have told the company and Paypal. Also did not receive "free gifts" and stand I was supposed to get.

The totally useless 2cent plastic stand is hidden inside the box. It's a flat piece of plastic. If you want free gifts stick with Crackerjack boxes, they come with free toys. Besides, unless you spent $20 there was no "free gift." This case was $19.85 I believe if you got it right from Caze (I got mine off eBay from another seller).

Copying my reply to your same message in another thread:

Not a scratch on mine, had it for a week. Besides, anyone who expects clear hard plastic not to scratch sooner or later is dreaming (especially in/out of your pocket because "pants" don't scratch, it what's inside the pocket that does). OF COURSE "iPhone glass is more scratch resistant." LOL, you expect plastic to be harder than glass? The purpose of a $20 case it to protect a $600/$700 phone from scratching. People spend the same $20 for 2 clear plastic stickers to protect their phone and have to replace them every few months because they get crappy looking.

atomicbatteries

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
The totally useless 2cent plastic stand is hidden inside the box. It's a flat piece of plastic. If you want free gifts stick with Crackerjack boxes, they come with free toys. Besides, unless you spent $20 there was no "free gift." This case was $19.85 I believe if you got it right from Caze (I got mine off eBay from another seller).

Copying my reply to your same message in another thread:

Not a scratch on mine, had it for a week. Besides, anyone who expects clear hard plastic not to scratch sooner or later is dreaming (especially in/out of your pocket because "pants" don't scratch, it what's inside the pocket that does). OF COURSE "iPhone glass is more scratch resistant." LOL, you expect plastic to be harder than glass? The purpose of a $20 case it to protect a $600/$700 phone from scratching. People spend the same $20 for 2 clear plastic stickers to protect their phone and have to replace them every few months because they get crappy looking.

I really hate people who think they know everything.

http://www.iphonecaze.com/iphone-3g-cases/iphone-4-zero5-ultra-thin-case.html

Buy now and get this for FREE:
● Mirror Screen Protector x 1
● Anti-FingerPrint Screen Protector x 1
● Mircofiber Cleaning Cloth x 1

Special Gift:
Wallet size iPhone Stand

I still maintain this case is a useless piece of junk that will scratch if you look at it the wrong way!

Find something more durable is my advice!

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I can tell you're a hater. I got all of them .... what were you missing. The cloth is 2" x 2", I have about 20 of them, how many do you want? I threw out the "stand." If you saw it you would as well. Totally useless and worthless. A 2" x 3" piece of flat plastic you have to FOLD into the shape of a stand. Looks like part of the box, easy to lose. Actually I got 2 screen protectors, 1 front and 1 back. Want 'em? Crappy ....

All these "gifts" weren't gifts, they were what was included inside the retail package that held the case. It was very easy NOT to see them inside the retail package and even toss them out.

"Think they know everything" about what? You said yours scratched immediately, I said mine is still perfect. You said "even the iPhone GLASS was more scratch resistant ...." Well, if you think a plastic case is harder and more scratch resistant than even cheap window glass you need to do some basic research .... let's see ... glass plastic glass plastic which scratches easier?

Oh, I get it. What you meant to say was "I hate people who don't agree with me." Better edit your message. Get a clear TPU case. They won't scratch as easily as clear hard plastic.

EDIT: Wait! I found the stand! It was stuck to the side of my wastebasket. If you need it it's yours. You have to tape it to your desk or the phone falls over.

I really hate people who think they know everything.

http://www.iphonecaze.com/iphone-3g-cases/iphone-4-zero5-ultra-thin-case.html

Buy now and get this for FREE:
● Mirror Screen Protector x 1
● Anti-FingerPrint Screen Protector x 1
● Mircofiber Cleaning Cloth x 1

Special Gift:
Wallet size iPhone Stand

I still maintain this case is a useless piece of junk that will scratch if you look at it the wrong way!

Find something more durable is my advice!

Attachments

• 8-21-2010 3-27-26 PM.png
    8-21-2010 3-27-26 PM.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 87

Galaxer

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
My Review of Zero 5

iPhone 4 Case from CAZE — Zero 5

1. The Package

The package is nicely finished and polished that makes a very good impression. Inside the fancy box made of clear plastic the customer finds the case Zero 5 along with 2 self-adhesive protective films for the screen and back side of the gadget. As a welcome bonus there is a special iPhone stand and 2 microfiber cleaners.

Though I did not apply the protective films on my iPhone, I think a plenty of customers would highly appreciate this option.

2. The Case — Zero 5

Zero 5 is definitely as thin as described and is almost invisible when you apply it. It looks and feels more like plastic than rubber but provide the solid hand grip, and your iPhone 4 is a little bit safer now. Zero 5 is engineered to provide the genuine look for your iPhone and it gives exactly what is promised in its advertising. All ports and functions are accessible while the iPhone is in case, so there is no need to put in and out. The one more attractive feature of Zero 5: if you like a belt pouch to carry your device, you could use it further without any problem together with Zero 5, while with many other protective cases it is not so easy.

Zero 5 sits almost firmly on iPhone's body though you may experience some little "squeaks" at both sides. Maybe if the material of Zero 5 would be more "rubberish", the case could be described as absolutely perfect.

3. Resume

Pros:

— very good to excellent fit
— perfect look
— nicely packed
— generous bonus inside the package

Cons

— more "plastic feel" as expected
— some "squeaks" on sides, but not really disturbing
— some scratches may appear on plastic while used (sad but normal)

The average rate: 98 from 100

To see the pictures, please click here

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Thanks fir the in-depth review. The pros/cons sound exactly like the Ivyskin reception case except that even over a month of daily use, there is not one scratch to be found on the case.

Galaxer

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
iPhone 4 Case from CAZE — Zero 5

1. The Package

The package is nicely finished and polished that makes a very good impression. Inside the fancy box made of clear plastic the customer finds the case Zero 5 along with 2 self-adhesive protective films for the screen and back side of the gadget. As a welcome bonus there is a special iPhone stand and 2 microfiber cleaners.

Though I did not apply the protective films on my iPhone, I think a plenty of customers would highly appreciate this option.

2. The Case — Zero 5

Zero 5 is definitely as thin as described and is almost invisible when you apply it. It looks and feels more like plastic than rubber but provide the solid hand grip, and your iPhone 4 is a little bit safer now. Zero 5 is engineered to provide the genuine look for your iPhone and it gives exactly what is promised in its advertising. All ports and functions are accessible while the iPhone is in case, so there is no need to put in and out. The one more attractive feature of Zero 5: if you like a belt pouch to carry your device, you could use it further without any problem together with Zero 5, while with many other protective cases it is not so easy.

Zero 5 sits almost firmly on iPhone's body though you may experience some little "squeaks" at both sides. Maybe if the material of Zero 5 would be more "rubberish", the case could be described as absolutely perfect.

3. Resume

Pros:

— very good to excellent fit
— perfect look
— nicely packed

Cons

— more "plastic feel" as expected
— some "squeaks" on sides, but not really disturbing
— some scratches may appear on plastic while used (sad but normal)

The average rate: 98 from 100

To see the pictures, please click here

Yesterday I got the new, revised Zero 5 directly from CAZE.

I should confirm that CAZE designers and engineers made an impressive step forward developing the revised version of Zero 5. The back side of the case now has absolutely precise form fitting for the gap between backside glass and metal antenna. Unfortunately, I have no appropriate camera to picture this, but the result is wow — the "squeaks" on sides, registered in previous review, are completely gone now! The case sits so firmly as it was welded, though it can be easily removed. The material looks and feels softer comparable to early edition and provides perfect grip.

The camera lens / flash opening was also redesigned and looks now much better. The new list of Pros and Cons also was in turn, redesigned, that time from my side:

Pros:

— absolute excellent fit
— perfect look
— perfect grip
— nicely packed

Cons

— not applicable

The average rate: 100 from 100

It is absolut Top Choice for those who looks for an "invisible" case.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Just received this case today and wanted to chime in.

I had an IvySkin Reception case I was using and this is very similar. You can tell that it is thinner...you wouldn't think so from just a 0.1mm difference but it is noticeable in your hand. Another noticeable difference is that the Caze case actually follows the contours on the side of the iPhone, the "step" from the back of the phone to the metal surround whereas the IvySkin is just rounded. For this reason, the IvySkin may be a bit more comfortable to hold.

Having said all that...the Case is the clear winner for me for one main reason and that being that it fits in the Apple iPhone 4 dock! It's a tight squeeze but it does fit. I hated not being able to use the dock with a case and now I finally can.

Chao

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
California
USA Office for CAZE

This case was ordered off eBay and took 13 days from order to delivery from Hong Kong. It was sent by REGISTERED and fully trackable EMS mail so I had to sign for it. [/URL]

I have just purchased my CAZE Zero 5 Clear for my iphone 4 on eBay, CAZE does have an USA office in California and they have stock for USA/Canada customers. Maybe you want to check it out.

From order to receive my CAZE in just 3 days!!
I am very happy with it!

foysal1988

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
right side not fitting as well as the left?

Has anyone else have the same issue? the right side does not sit along the bezel as well as the left side does. is it because of my protector on the back? that's thin as it is anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.