Caze Zero UltraThin Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ScubaCinci, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Continuing from the discussion HERE, rather than hijack that unrelated thread, I'm starting a new dedicated thread.

I want a minimal case for simply preventing major scratches, etc. I realize it will offer little, if any, protection in a drop. However, I've never dropped any of my iPhones (knock on wood) and the iP5 seems to hold up well to drops. I hate bulky cases...it defeats the purpose of having a light, svelte device.

I ordered the clear zero case on 9/22...the order still says processing :mad: Will post up impressions if and when I ever receive it. Anyone that has received or used one of their products in the past, feel free to chime in.

LINK to the product...

2. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Yeah, good call on the new thread. Mine still says processing and I ordered on the 23rd. I got a clear matte zero 5.

Description still says they were suppose to ship on Sept.20.

3. uberpooter, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

uberpooter macrumors member

I ordered the Ultra Thin case on Sunday. I've sent two emails now and tried calling their line with no success. It's ****ing ******** that they haven't updated us. They even have a "24 shipping guarantee" on their website.

4. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

website still says coming soon for the iphone 5 - so technically is it even out yet or even made?

eta: here's their latest tweet

#iphone5 #cases #slight5 coming this weekend!!
    about 2 days ago

5. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Not good...they'd better get their act together.

6. acwyau macrumors newbie

Isn't that tweet from Desmay? Or is Caze Zero the same company?

7. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

crap, my bad :(

8. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

They've got me hanging, too. Ordered on 9/22, still processing, no tracking number.

I notice they're now "out of stock" on the webpage. Hm.

9. GunBlazerX macrumors member

Ordered a clear one on 18th, it shipped today along with hongkong post tracking #, they didnt respond to any of my e-mails either but looks like things are happening.

10. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Wow these look pretty nice. I am interested in the clear one, however can anyone tell me what the difference is between the crystal clear and the soft clear? I am looking for something with grip and thats not plastic or hard. I like the matte feel. I wish the had a transparent black version. I never heard of SGP before. How do they compare to Incase and Incipio when it comes to cases? I'm still trying to decide on the Incipio Feather, Incase Snap Case or this one.

11. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

I just emailed them. Here was their reply:

12. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Good to hear they are doing something. I still have the protective film the iP5 shipped with on the back to protect it in the meantime.:rolleyes:

13. ScubaCinci, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Well, hopefully my BSE skins come in the meantime. I have a feeling we are in for a lengthy wait.

Last time I order from them. I understand demand is high but don't advertise you have something in stock when you clearly don't and a little proactive communication would be nice. I may just see if I can cancel.

I notice their site says guaranteed shipping within 24 hours...I'm gonna call 'em on it.

**EDIT** My inquiry...

14. Farrellcollie macrumors regular

I hope you all get them soon and do a review. I am waiting to hear some reports before ordering mine.

15. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

16. Qfic macrumors member

Finally got a response after sending emails through the week requesting an update. Shame it had to be an ultimatum that woke em up...

"Dear *****,

The case has been shipped to you.

I'll locate your tracking number in our system and send to you for reference.

Regards,

"Hello??
    You have exactly 4 hours to respond to my emails before I cancel my order
    and report you to the BBB. Very unprofessional.
    ***** "

17. raziel101 macrumors member

raziel101

I'll never order from these guys again.

It took them too long to ship. I sent them an email asking them to cancel the order as I went with someone else to get a case. Right away I get an email saying they will ship it next day and will send me an xtra case when they have stock. I emailed right back asking to still cancel my order as I went with someone else.

Two days later, they send me a shipping notice - and in the email I see they have shipped out the WRONG case. I have sent 2 emails in the last 2 days and no responce :mad:

18. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Wow. If you paid with a credit card, dispute it with them and let the cc company fight it out. You pay for that service, might as well use it.

19. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

20. blugel macrumors member

after waiting too long for it to ship, i emailed them to cancel.

they responded the next day asking me why.

i responded immediately.

the next day i receive a shipping notice from hong kong.

awesome!

21. Young Turk macrumors 6502

Is this for the Desmay Slight, or the Zero 5 case?

22. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Zero 5.

23. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

I ordered two cases from them back on the 22nd and haven't received any information on the status of my order or even if it is ready to ship. I just e-mailed them saying how mad I am at the 6 days of no information. I'm not too impressed with their customer service at the moment.

24. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Sad thing is I have two cases that are excellent already. I know I don't really need this one. I also know if I try to cancel they're just going to send me a shipping notice. :/

25. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Hmmm. If I didn't like the Desmay Slight I was going to go with this one, mostly because it doesn't have the white text on the side like the SGP Ultra Thin Air does. Now I'm reconsidering…

Hopefully the case is worth all your frustrations. Post some pics/videos and let everyone know what you think once you get them!