Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
nicksoper said:
Hey,

Cage fighting? Being chased by bulls? Big wave surfing? Bikini contests? You find these things boring?

And I supopse waiting and watching your macrumours rss feed is so much more riviting? Come on dude.

PS, I find tennis very boring to watch. But I don't like to generalise, at the risk of sounding predjadice.

Cage fighting is a disgusting afront to decency. My local news shows the annual bull running (and it looks the same every year). Surfing is pretty, but I wouldn't pay to watch it. I am not interested in bikinis or what lies beneath them. But, I do find MacRumors to be riveting.

I must admit, though, as a former tennis player, I do enjoy watching the greats play occasionally, but it's rather a pain to follow with the ball being so small and all.

Andy Roddick in a speedo--THAT I would pay to see.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I don't give a darn about college basketball, but if they do this for the NFL or MLB playoffs that would be pretty cool.

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
QCassidy352 said:
I don't give a darn about college basketball, but if they do this for the NFL or MLB playoffs that would be pretty cool.

I would love for that to happen. If enough games were made available so that you could follow your favorite NFL or MLB team, I would take it over the current DirecTV structure. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the NFL isn't going to allow CBS to do something like this--though I don't see why not, it certainly wouldn't diminish their live audience.

It remains to be seen just how great a deal this is for the 63 tournament games because we cannot be sure just how much of the game will be cut out.

adamcz

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2003
It's really $20 for 3 full games, plus highlights for the others. I guess we're all wondering how long those highlights are. I have no interest in paying for highlights at any price, but I do like where this may be leading...

I'm a huge NBA junkie, and I was extremely dissapointed when Google started offering every single game for their non-mac-compatible video store. I would be very happy if iTunes gets NBA basketball up and running in time for the NBA playoffs. At $2/per I would buy every single Bucks playoff game (hopefully there will be more than 4 this year!).

I just checked out the iTunes store, and their video section is in need of a revision. You should be able to browse by genre as well as network. I want to click "sports" and see all sports on every network.

Nice work Apple!

Amdahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
bcsmith said:
I love comments like this. It doesn't really add anything to the discussion and is purely here so that the poster can hear him/herself typing...
Yeah, kind of like this entire thread.

What exactly does some basketball games have to do with Macintosh? Are we going to get to hear every stupid program or album that is released for the iPod?

macdong

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Seattle, WA
swingerofbirch said:
Apple would have to pay ME to watch sports...no matter how condensed they claim it is, I say sports are boring to watch and frightful to play.

guess that's what NBA Live is for :rolleyes:

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
bcsmith said:
I love comments like this. It doesn't really add anything to the discussion and is purely here so that the poster can hear him/herself typing...

If you don't like sports, just move along. You knew that the article was about sports. I'm going to guess that you figured most of the comments would be about sports. If you don't like sports, why did you follow the link to the story?

And yes, I know that this is the same kind of comment.

Ah hem. I don't think you quite followed my humor, it was rather subtle. See, people on this board are complaining about these episodes being condensed. I, as someone, who doesn't enjoy sports pretended that Apple would be condensing these episodes to make them more palatable, but that even that wouldn't be enough to get me to buy.

Of all the posts, I think mine was by far the most interesting. Read it aloud in a cockney accent, I think that should help.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I'm an American living in France right now, and the chance to actually watch some March Madness action sounds sweet to me. I'm going to wait and see how long the highlights are before buying, but my wallet is inching closer. For me with the time difference, it won't really matter if the release is delayed a bit, as long as I can avoid ESPN.com in the meantime.

I bought the Rose Bowl game highlights (UT fan here) and thought it worth my $4. I think the same will be true for the $20 for 60 highlights + 3 full games.

my two eurocentimes.

Neb154

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2006
Also one should note that the games are being webcasted for free on cbs' website. There are other ways to view the NCAA Tourny online.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Neb154 said:
Also one should note that the games are being webcasted for free on cbs' website. There are other ways to view the NCAA Tourny online.

True, but I won't have time to watch all the games live, or much inclination to do anything more than see highlights after the fact. This sounds like a good deal to me [and I don't even have a 5G!].

deadturtle

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Come On Stanely Cup

If apple offers the hockey finals on iTunes my 19.99 is good as gone. Ok Apple. You read it here first... now stand and deliver!

brooksfow

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2002
The NCAA B-ball Tourney is Fun

Not sure I'd fork over 20 bucks for highlights. That's what SportsCenter is for. Maybe after the fact - if my team won. It's a great offering and idea, though. I especially like the suggestion regarding the Fifa World Cup. Although I think ESPN is going to televise most of the games, the itunes video could become a good way for folks to keep up and see sports that may not be as popular in their region/locale. My brother could have used something similar to keep up with the Heels when he was studying abroad. He resorted to staying up in the wee hours of the morning, listening to games via yahoo, and keeping his English dorm mates awake with his hollering. At first they didn't understand, but the equation: college basketball in NC = Premiership football allowed them to understand. Go Heels!

Compatiblepoker

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2006
Jacksonville Beach
bcsmith said:

If you don't like sports, just move along. You knew that the article was about sports. I'm going to guess that you figured most of the comments would be about sports. If you don't like sports, why did you follow the link to the story?

And yes, I know that this is the same kind of comment.

Not a bad price. I would possibly get it if they ever bring WNBA back to the sports scene. :eek: Ok that was a joke. Yeah man if you dont like sports at all period then you just need to get out more. You gotta like at least one sport. I'll give this one a positive vote.

Roger

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
i think that this is a good thing (steering discussion back to the main topic). i'm guessing that maybe the final four games will be 'full-length' like the bcs games were, and the first rounds will be even more condensed. regardless, i think this expands the itunes library and helps out apple even more with marketshare.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
I'm pretty disappointed in how "condensed" these early round games are. 8-10 minutes is pretty minimal for $2. I bought for my team, as I imagine a lot of fans might. But I'd never pay that much for any team other than mine, and wouldn't even then if we appeared in the NCAA tournament often (Only 9 total games so far in the last 14 years).

They should be full games, or at least 30 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.