cd insert/eject

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by newmacguy1986, Dec 27, 2009.

1. newmacguy1986 macrumors newbie

I am new to mac. When i insert a cd/dvd into the slot loading drive, i have to push the cd in rather far before it actually catches it and pulls it in. is this normal or is it susposed to only be pushed in about half way. when it ejects it seems that it pushes the disc out much further.
    Is there something you must do before inserting a cd, or do you just push it in?

Thanks guys!

2. MaskedPhantom macrumors regular

MaskedPhantom

Sounds pretty normal to me. I have to push my discs in about halfway before they catch.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Nope. You just push it in. It's normal for it to catch where you've described. It comes out farther, because it's "kicked" out.

4. newmacguy1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

is it normal for it to be kind of loud? it seems to be pretty loud when inserting and ejecting the discs.

5. rebeccamartin macrumors member

ya its quite normal though i dont have to push mine deep inside but my friends used to do it. there is no trouble.

6. razorboy1969 macrumors newbie

razorboy1969

likewise. i had to push my disk about 3/4 of the way in before it catches. no problem.

7. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

If it's at all reassuring, here's a video showing a person putting a CD into their MacBook.

(Having to push it in and the noise it makes are perfectly normal.) :)