Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luiso455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
What's up everybody! I have a question to ask about a game I just purchases for Windows. The game is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and I installed it via Crossover Games on my MacBook. The installation was fine and everything worked without a hitch. The problem is that when I go to run the game I get an error message saying "Please insert the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 CD" and the problem is that the CD is in the computer? I do own the CD but the computer will not recognize it. Any help is greatly appreciated?

Also I would a NO-CD Crack help, I mean the CD is right here but I just want to get the game working?

I attached a picture just that you guys believe me, I do OWN the game.
Thanks
Felix

Attachments

• Photo 67.jpg
    Photo 67.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 53

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
There could be something with Crossover that interferes with the CD's built in disk authentication scheme? I have frequently used NO-CD cracks for getting original PC games I own, that I paid for, to run under Vista/Bootcamp when traveling alliviating the need to carry the disk with me.

However I suspect the Macrumors moderators would prefer that I not post a link to such a site. However a google search should easily turn up applicable info. It's as easy as replacing the original .exe (application) with a modified version that does not verify the disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.