Cellular Data Account Problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jerryg225, May 7, 2011.

1. Jerryg225 macrumors newbie

So I ordered my iPad referb from AT&T. I get it in the mail, and it was pre-activated. OK, not a big deal. I go on and use the 3G just fine. A couple of days later I go on AT&T and I make an account for my iPad, using the cell number provided with it. Well, that account works perfectly, I can see how much data I have used so far, I can see my bill, everything else. When I go to Settings>Cellular Data>View Account (On my iPad) it loads and loads and keeps on loading, until I get this message (word for word) "You account type does not support the view account feature." Only thing is, I have not typed in an email and password, I have not done anything but hit that button, got any ideas???

2. gigemzach macrumors 6502

When that message appears it means the iPad has a post paid account active.

3. Jerryg225 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I need to make my first payment!?!? Because I know before I came here, I went to youtube (Probably not the best of choices) but people were going to that portion of the settings to create account and select data plan, but I did all that only when I ordered my iPad off of AT&T.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No, you cannot see your data usage via the iPad if you have your iPad bill tied with your other AT&T bill. If you have your iPad monthly bill billed separately from your other AT&T services, then it will show it. To do to that, you need to cancel the service you have on your iPad now, and sign up directly from the iPad.